0. Revenge.

" ℜ𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔲𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔱... "

- Max Lucado

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a day with a grey and dreary atmosphere. Or maybe that's how the lone person perceived it as, after standing in front of the very thing she dreaded above anything else. Tears rolled down her eyes, but her expression remained stoic as it could. Her hands wanted to destroy everything around her, but that would not change its numbness.

Her heart wanted to break, and maybe it did, but if so then why is she still here? The reminder that her heart is still beating, that her lungs were still breathing, that she could still see, hear, smell, and taste that bitterness welling up like vile up her throat. She hated it.

"...They didn't even...." Her tone shakes as he hangs her head low, " They didn't even give him a  proper burial..."  A rushed grave buried near a hill was all that's left to remember his existence. The name, " Ayanokoji Kiyotaka ", engraved on the stone with haste.

" That's to be expected of a white room student's disposal." A man who stood beside her this entire time, spoke in a somber manner. " Even if he was the masterpiece, it was only a title that could be placed unto anyone who can exhibit the same feats or better. There was no privilege provided in that facility, not even to him."

" The two years...I didn't get to see him...."  Her knees could barely hold her own weight, "  How...it shouldn't be...."

" He was stronger than everyone else....he was....the strongest....so how....how did he..." 

The heaviness overwhelmed her, she fell on her knees as the tears flowed freely down her face and to the ground beneath her.

" It's cruel...so cruel..." She spoke, almost incoherent. " It's unfair...so unfair!"

The man glances at her with pity in his eyes. He had taken her in as his daughter after she'd been released from the curriculum due to failure, he spent the last two years together with her trying to undo all the horrible things the white room has done to her mind. And even if most were dispelled eventually, one person remained constant in that head of hers. The man has long given up trying to make her forget about that anomaly.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka meant so much to her. 

She loved him.

But from what he can tell, those words were never truly said after their departure.

Her love was in vain, and an anomaly in itself. How could she love someone after being born under that type of facility? How could she continue to love someone who shunned her away when she begged him to stay. Yes, he remembers that day, when the boy was asked to visit her at the mental rehab because she constantly asked for his presence, the man couldn't find it in himself to refuse her any longer. Even if the result was to be expected based on the rumors about the boy, he arranged one last meeting.