2

Lila, Alexa, and Katie are about to start high school in a week. However the girls aren't sure if Alexa will be cleared yet or not. As they wait for Dr Breitweisser to call Lori, telling her if Alexa will be cleared, the three start to plan their outfits.

Then, Lori's phone rings. She answers and switches between 'that's great' and 'no, I understand' over and over again. The three were getting excited with each 'that's great' and disappointed everytime she said she understood.

"Mom, you're killing me.." Alexa finally speaks.

"Oh sorry, yes." Lori assures, confirming that Alexa has been cleared.

The three girls jump up and down, excited to be starting high school together. They run upstairs into Alexa's bedroom to pick out their back-to-school outfits.

As the three of them start going through Alexa's closet and picking out an outfit for Alexa, Lori knocks on her door before coming in, holding a piece of paper.

"Hey, what's that?" Alexa asks.

"It's a list of conditions from your doctor."

Alexa gets up and goes over to look at it. "No plays, no sport.. What, no. That means no basketball."

"I'm sorry hun.." Lori speaks.

"No plays.. No basketball.. No extracurriculars. That just leaves going to class, the worst part of school." Alexa sits down on her bed, upset.

"I know hun, but you are doing so well and we don't want to jeopardise that."

Lila goes over to Alexa and sits down beside her on the bed. She reaches out for Alexa's hand. "Lex.. I get it. This isn't how you envisioned going back. It's not fair. But you are going back, that shows how much progress you've made. You'll be back on that court in no time. But for now, we're starting high school together. All three of us."

Alexa looks at Lila and manages a small nod, along with a small, but genuine smile.

-----------------

As the girls came close to their first day, Alexa asked Lila and Katie to meet her in the tree, and tells them about her plan to toilet paper Gwenny's house. The two hesitate at first, but then Alexa mentions that she needs this, and it would be a good distraction from everything. So that evening, the three friends head to the house and toilet paper it - unbeknownst to them, it was not Gwenny's house and instead their soon-to-be principal's.

They found themselves in the school principal's office before even starting high school.

Lori, Dave, Jennifer, Hailey, and Jay all arrive and speak to the principal. After that, they all drive home to Alexa's house.

"You've got three days of suspension girls," Lori speaks.

"It was one until your mother decided to 'figure this out'," Dave speaks, referring about Lori.

"And Lori is banned from going onto the school grounds for a few weeks," Jennifer speaks.

"What were you girls thinking?" Hailey questions, but before any of them could answer, Dave asks another question, this one just to Alexa.

"Did you know it was your principal's house?"

"How would I have known?" Alexa speaks, innocently.

"Maybe because you have her address in your pocket?" Dave speaks.

"Wait, you knew?" Lila questions, feeling hurt.

"You tried to get us in trouble?" Katie accuses her.

Alexa just runs upstairs to her room. Katie and Lila run out of the house and to their own houses, followed by their parents.