Minji and Hanni unnies faces suddenly lit up and they started to circle around Y/n again.

"Oh, thank god! I was starting to think you froze to death!" Hanni unnie exclaimed.

"Yeah, let's go before we all ACTUALLY freeze to death," Minji unnie tried to tell Y/n.

Y/n just gave them a cold look and turned back to look at me.

"Are you okay?" I finally managed to ask.

I hadn't asked, because I didn't have the courage to face Y/n after deciding to choose Danielle over them.

"Yeah," Y/n surprisingly replied.

Suddenly, Minji unnie grabbed Dani and Hanni's hands, before saying "We'll let you two have a moment".

Y/n didn't respond anything in return.

I watched as Dani, Hanni, and Minji unnie walked off to the side and I turned back to find Y/n still staring at Granny's grave.

I felt really bad.

Y/n stood tall, cold, and emotionless.

It was like their heart had broken into a million pieces.

It was hard to believe that grandma had been dead for a whole year now. Maybe that's why Y/n was so sad. Maybe that's why they looked so rough and heartbroken.

The more I watched Y/n's trance like state, the more I started to wonder how lonely they felt without their grandma. I started to feel like maybe I had abandoned them over the last few weeks. It was the hardest time of the year for the both of us, and while I had someone to lean on.....

Y/n was left all alone.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

Y/n didn't give me a response. Not even a look in my direction. So, I wrapped my arm around theirs and rested my head on their arm.

"She must have really loved us to leave behind everything she owned so we wouldn't have to suffer," I exhaled out.

I really didn't know what to say, but I wanted to console Y/n.

- Y/N POV -

I was in a daze.

I hadn't realized that Haerin was clinging onto my arm and talking to me about grandma.

Over the last few months, I had never felt so alone.

"Do you think she's proud of us?" Haerin suddenly asked.

I turned to look at her for a second and took a deep breath.

"I wish you could see how much she's grown," I spoke to my grandma with my heart.

"She doesn't cry like she used to. She doesn't need me anymore," I kept on talking to my granny.

"I'm sure she's proud of you for doing your best to take care of me," Haerin tried to interrupt my one way conversation with grandma.

"I sort of failed her you know. I'm sure she has a hard time forgiving me for that," I kept on with my conversation.

It didn't feel like much time had gone by, but everyone suddenly started telling me that it was time to go home.

Still, I didn't want to leave grandma's side.

"You can come visit her tomorrow. It's getting dark," Minji tried to pull me by my hand.

But, I wouldn't move.

"You can keep talking to her tomorrow. It's getting really cold outside," Hanni tried to get my attention by tying her scarf around me.

I didn't mind the cold much.

I just wanted more time with my grandma.

"Let's just go," Minji sighed out to Hanni.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand.

It was Haerin.

"Grandma wouldn't want you out in the cold like this. She wouldn't want either of us out in the cold like this," she softly whispered.

I knew I heard her, but I just couldn't leave grandma behind.

"Come on," Haerin suddenly pulled me by my hand.

I took a deep breath and let her pull me away.

Everyone followed behind us, and I felt my heart breaking even more at the realization that everyone had been waiting for me in the cold snowy weather because I refused to leave the grandma's grave.

"We'll come back a different day," Haerin interlocked her fingers with mine.

The next few moments felt like a black out moments. I remember watching the cold breath come out of my mouth. I remember getting into the car and maybe getting food at some point. Before I knew it...,

We were home.

-

-

-

-

-

-