Mother-in-law Slapped Me, I Want a Divorce!

1

1

When Landon's mother stormed back again, Hazel was still asleep. In a daze, she heard someone banging on the door outside and shouting unpleasant words. Hazel initially didn't want to pay attention, but the disturbance became unbearable. She rolled out of bed, stood at the table, took a sip of cold water, and resolutely grabbed a chair to open the door.

The old lady was clearly startled by Hazel's posture, stiffening her neck like a combative rooster, but her voice weakened: "What, you dare to hit me? I made my son divorce you!"

This time, Hazel didn't get angry but laughed. It seemed she was unaware that she and Landon were already divorced. Hazel turned back into the room, grabbed a red booklet, and confronted the old lady with a cold smile: "Take a good look with your wide-open eyes. It's me who divorced your son!"

As soon as the old lady saw the three words "divorce certificate," she completely lost her arrogance. She just wanted to make some trouble for the eldest, but unexpectedly, she disrupted the home of the second son.

Hazel took back the divorce certificate, sighed, and said, "Old lady, accumulate some virtue, or Landon will be turned into an old bachelor sooner or later by your meddling."

She added, "Oh, by the way, the property deed is now in my name. If you come to smash the door again, it's considered breaking into a private residence, and that's against the law!"

After saying this, there was a loud "bang" as the door slammed shut. Even Hazel felt a hint of bitterness in her heart.

In just a few days, how did things suddenly escalate to the point of divorce? Their life with Landon used to be full of warmth, but because of the interference of the mother-in-law, their marriage collapsed like a house of cards.

2

This farce began more than twenty days ago.

On a Friday evening, the sky was adorned with a brilliant sunset. After work, Landon had his arm around Hazel's shoulders, and Hazel held the rare roses he had given her. The two walked on the crowded pedestrian street, as if they had returned to the passionate days of their courtship.

At that time, Hazel's mother had already taken their daughter Sadie for the weekend, and the young couple was about to enjoy a rare moment of togetherness. However, as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.

When Hazel heard Landon say that his mother would come to help take care of the child the next day, the smile on Hazel's face instantly froze, and the roses in her hands became uncomfortably sharp. Whether Landon believed it or not, Hazel didn't. The mother-in-law had never liked Sadie; that was clear to her.

When Hazel was pregnant, she experienced sudden abdominal pain late one night, and it was Landon's mother who rushed her to the hospital. Fortunately, Hazel was in good health, and the delivery went smoothly. When the nurse came out, both of them eagerly approached, one inquiring about the wife, the other about the child. The nurse congratulated them with a smile, announcing the safe arrival of a mother and daughter.

Landon quickly expressed his gratitude, but the old lady exploded at the mention of the word "daughter": "What's there to be thankful for? After all this effort, it turns out to be a girl."

Ignoring her, Landon followed Hazel's hospital bed to comfort her. Surprisingly, the old lady left without saying a word. When Landon realized she was gone, he anxiously called her, and she answered, claiming she had gone home, fallen ill, and couldn't take care of Hazel during her postpartum period.

Hazel saw through the ruse; how could the mother-in-law leave the hospital if she was unwell? Unless the newborn granddaughter was the cause of her "illness." Although it was uncomfortable, Hazel knew Landon was worried about his mother, so she said, "Husband, go and check on your mom. Don't worry about me."

At that time, Hazel's parents had also arrived, so she wasn't worried about being alone. Landon was grateful and went to see his mother with skincare products, even suggesting a medical checkup. Little did he know, in front of her son, the mother didn't hide her true feelings: "I'm not sick. Even if I were, it's your wife's fault for upsetting my stomach..."