~ Chapter 2 - Edited

Start from the beginning

This time he had wanted a blue room, so I had painted three walls a pastel blue then the back wall a deep blue, with waves like the ocean. I had hired an interior decorator for Jays room, he has a tv bed, plush white carpet with blue specks, mahogany furniture including a chest of draws, wardrobe, desk and shelves on the back wall, he also has a toy box at the end of his bead, and a collection of toys scattered on the floor, including cuddles toys, Lego and cartoon character figurines.

Once the boys are inside I head back to the car and grab the bags, locking the boot of the car behind me.

I place all the bags on the kitchen counters before getting out the ingredients I needed. I look at the time quickly, 5:23 pm, plenty of time to have dinner ready by six.

I wash all of the vegetables and dry them off with a tea towel; I then quickly get to work slicing and dicing them. I grab a bag of fresh mince from the freezer and place it in a frying pan quickly turning on the hob. I then throw the spaghetti into a pan of water and get it cooking.

I turn on the radio and listen to the beats of the latest songs as I work in the kitchen. Usually I would make the dinner completely from scratch, but I didn't have time tonight.

Once the mince has browned I throw the packet mixture in, along with the chopped tomatoes, onion and sliced mushrooms, stirring it all together absently.

Once the timer I ate goes off I turn the hob of and begin to dish out the food, giving both boys equal amounts and myself slightly more.

"Jayden, Keegan! Dinner time" I yell up to the boys, a chorus of 'coming' my only reply.

As I place the plates and cutlery onto the table a mini stampede of small feet comes down the stairs as the boys rush down for dinner. I return briefly to the kitchen to grab three cups, and a bottle of orange juice and another of apple juice.

I place a cup in front of each boy and let them pick their own drink. I watch on as both boys wolf down their dinners, stains surrounding their mouths. "Boys!" I scold "you’re not animals". Once they had finished their dinner and ice cream I gave them their bags of sweets and of they went.

Both give me cheeky grins, this is the faith time we have had Keegan for dinner this month. The boys had become best friends from the first day back at school, and were now in-separable. I have not let Jay go to Keegan's house yet as I have not met his parents or a guardian, and unlike them I won't let Jay be around anyone I am not one hundred per cent sure about.

My world literally revolves around Jayden, the first time I held him in my arms I knew I would protect him forever, I can remember it so clearly.

After such a tense birth my baby Jayden Oliver Markus was born at 3:42 am, on the 15th July 2007. They placed the small bundle of joy in my arms wrapped in a blue blanket, and I wiped away his little tears with the pad of my thumbs. I had chosen his name when I had first been told he was a boy.

As I had predicted Jayden was a mummy's boy, if anyone else held him he would scream and cry until he was back in my arms. Until Jay was five he slept in my bed, and even though he has his own room now he often sneaks into my bed in the middle of the night.

I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful son, he is perfect. So kind and smart, I know he will always be there for me, like I am always there for him.

I am snapped from my thoughts by the doorbell ringing. "Keegan, your uncles here!" I holler to the boys I run quickly to gather Keegan's coat and shoes, then his school bag.

I hadn’t been expecting anyone until around seven thirty as Keegan’s parents always pick him up on the dot at 7:30pm. But it’s six fifteen now.

As soon as Keegan is in front of me I am quickly pulling on his coat and putting his shoes on him. I then place his bag on his back and head for the door; I open the door with my back to the person. "Keegan come on, your uncle is here" I remind him, watching as he runs over.

"Uncle Ollie!" He squeals in excitement "Uncle Ollie you came" he jumps up and hugs his uncle lovingly.

"Hello again" the man says, it's that voice again, oh god. "Long time no see"