Nightmare

[Sleeping had become Shu's mortal enemy. Not like his sleep schedule before was any better, but still. If only the medication helped more than just the pain...]
-
It was cold. Real cold.

His body felt numb as he tried to bring himself up from the frosted ground, his muscles given in making him collapse, face first into snow. A laugh erupted, echoing around him. A laugh that has haunted him for years, and why he was here to begin with, shuddering.

Shu forced himself up, cursing as it hurt like hell. A whirlwind of snow hit him like a freight truck. More laughter followed suit.

This was getting real fucking infuriating.

His anger clashed with the coolness of the air, fire burning deep within him as he pushed himself off the ground finally. Summoning his ax, as embers flew around him, reading to strike. Eyes piercing through the fog, till he saw a pair of purple eyes staring at him.

The person he hated so much. Who had caused him so much pain and suffering. Even after all these years.

"Lui..." he snarled. Nostrils flaring as the presence of the older boy was crystal clear. Baring his signature toothy grin with glee, as he stared murderously at him.

"Still weak as ever I see," he curled the grip of the ax's handle tighter, "you still can't get over it huh? Pft- God, just how pathetic are you?" His words grew into a hysterical laugh, before returning his deathly gaze at him with those piercing beaty purple eyes... "You never stood a chance against me," he cackled, "and you'll never WILL-"

He lunged.

It was all so sudden.

His body moved all by itself, running towards the tyrant, ready to swiftly cut Lui's head off-

Before a split second-

SWISH!

-someone else stood in his place.

There was no longer a chilling cold breeze.

The snow had melted.

And all that remained was a burning hot fire.

He couldn't breathe.

He felt like he was choking.

It became unbearable to breathe.

His hands on his throat, his own trying to grasp something.

He felt the constriction tightening, before soon enough, he found himself pinned against the ground, the weight of himself feeling as if it'll collapse any second like ice or glass. Shu struggled against the now apparent oppressor trying to kill him, but to no avail. Opening his eyes, to see someone- something, he didn't want to see again.

Red eyes, filled with so much malice, staring right back at him.

His hands, tightening around his neck.

The sound of cracks becoming louder underneath him.

Before the world itself collapsed around them.