Chapter Three

Fortunately, Mipha had only suffered a few minor cuts and bruises over her body, though she had failed to notice the large gash on her forearm. She once again moved to the control panel still tense from her earlier kerfuffle. Least to say Mipha was hesitant. This time she was granted access and proceeded to aim Ruta's target beam directly towards Hyrule Castle. Only after her initial objective was complete did she come to feel the immense out of pain she was in. Mipha let out a small gasp as she quickly applied her healing magic to the pulsing pain coming from her arm. "Thank the goddess I was blessed with such a gift", she gave a silent prayer for her victory. The Princess had not been yet successful in fully mastering her power, but there was always one thing that would help her mind concentrate. And that one thing was not just a mere object or place. It was somebody. That someone was Link. Oh, just the thought of his name was enough to make her heart race. The Zora remembered the day she first met the young Hylian, a memory highly cherished to her.

Mipha stood beside her father at the front of the beautifully designed bridge that led to their beloved domain as they watched the approaching Hylian guards come to a halt and split into two equal rows. In between the royal guards emerged King Rhoam, the ruler of Hyrule. He was here on important business to discuss plans about something, although Mipha at the time had no idea. She briefly overheard a conversation with a Zora official and her father but decided it would be wrong to intrude. Something to do with an elephant? Strange. She barely snapped out of her thoughts in time and quickly bowed politely to King Rhoam as he greeted the royal Zora family. Mipha had been taught proper etiquette and mannerisms at quite the young age to best fit the expectation of a Princess, thanks to her teacher Muzu. Even though lessons seemed to repeat and be very dull she never complained. The small squad then continued to advance as they made their way toward the luminous colored bridge. One by one the soldiers marched past her, but her eyes came across a small figure that stood out from the rest. A little boy who was blond, had bright blue eyes, and captivated by the breathtaking scenery. She felt an odd sensation that compelled her to go and talk to him. As she approached, Mipha could still see the fascinated look on his face as he still stared in absolute awe. "It's a lovely site, isn't it?", she spoke. Mipha was rather surprised by her own confidence as even she knew herself to be the quiet type. He jumped back slightly but gave her a big smile as he registered her words. "Yeah! You guys have such a great place to live!", he shouted practically radiating joy. It was contagious as Mipha started to have a smile of her own forming on her delicate face. "What is your name?", he asked curiously. "My name is Mipha, Princess of the Zora." 'Perhaps I should not have chosen such a formal introduction after all he was just as young', she thought. To her surprise he gasped, quickly dropping to his knee and lowering his head he replied, "I'm sorry I had no idea." A faint giggle could be heard from the princess as she spoke, "Please there is no need for that you may just call me Mipha, who might you be?" Once again, the smile returned on the boy's face. "My name is Link."