Chapter 11

Gauri was sitting on one of the sofas on her phone in the spare room to avoid being taunted by Dadi or dragged into some random chore by Badi Dadi. However, the main reason why she was in the spare room was to avoid being annoyed by Om and enjoy the peace and quiet despite his presence in her house.

Sadly her peace and quiet was ruined the moment Om came into the spare room and sat by her.

Om: so where is my bhabhi?

Gauri: kya bhabhi? Kaunsi bhabhi? Kiska bhabhi? Already making relationships, really?

Om: why shouldn't I? She is about to be my bhabhi. I should be getting in the habit of calling Anika my bhabhi.

Gauri: mhm if it helps you sleep at night.

She said as she rolled her eyes and resumed her attention back on her phone, hoping Om would take the hint and leave her alone.

Om: anyways, tell me when is my bhabhiji coming?

Gauri quickly thought about that and then spoke: normally she comes back at 4pm everyday. But today I don't know when her 4pm will happen, after all she is with your darling stupid brother.

Om chuckled and said: okay so then let's do one thing. Let's talk about you. I mean not talk about you, we'll talk about your sister...actually my bhabhi ji. So what does she like and what does she not like?

Gauri: I will tell you one thing that didi does not like. Pucho kya.

Om: kya?

Gauri: didi doesn't like oversmart people. In fact, she despises oversmart people, hates them with a passion.

Om: really? Doesn't seem like it.

Gauri knew what Om meant by that, he basically was saying that his brother was a very smart person - in her case an oversmart person - yet Anika still is going to marry him.

Gauri: hasna tha?

Om: haan hasi.

The two chuckled and they did not notice Vishal entering the room at all. He looked at the two, a bit surprised to see them actually smiling around each other because of all the comments Gauri made about Om to Vishal in their conversations. He stopped acting surprised since he was sent by Dadi for an important mission.

He kept his hands on his waist and walked up to the two who were now engrossed in their phones. He stood near the two for a minute when Om looked up and noticed Vishal there.

Om: hello!

He said with a wave. Vishal didn't say anything other than drag Gauri's arm.

Gauri: arre! Kya hai ab?

She said annoyed as Vishal dragged her all the way to the other side of the room. Om, the ever so curious person, looked at their direction to hear a little of the conversation.

Vishal whispering: what are you doing Gauri didi?

Gauri whispering: what do you mean? What are you doing here?

Vishal: dadi sent me here to keep an eye on him.

Gauri: why?

Vishal: because dadi says that whilst it may be fine nowadays to let an unmarried boy and a girl sit alone together, she believes that an unmarried boy and girl should not be alone together in the same room.

Gauri rolled her eyes, knowing how her dadi had that ancient mentality so she wasn't surprised that she sent Vishal to the spare room to accompany her and Om. Gauri could see the shock on her face from earlier when Om told her that Shivay and Anika were together alone on the streets of Rishikesh. So...it all made sense.