Planning Ahead (I'm back!)

Start from the beginning

He whipped out his phone with unusual speed, and before anyone could recover, was ready to post the photo.

"It's cool if I post this on Magicam, right? Gimmie your names so I can tag you."

"Deuce Spade."

"Ace." He was not happy.

Kayra had no intention of giving her name to someone she started off badly with. "I don't have an account, so-"

"I'm Grim, and that's my henchman, Kaye."

He turned to face her, "Seriously? Your name is Kaye?! I was gonna say call me Cay-Cay, but I guess now we're Cay-Kaye! Oh, I'm Cater Diamond, by the way. I'm a junior here at Heartslabyul. Soooo nice to meetcha."

"It's a pleasure."

"You're also the prefect of that so-called Ramshackle dorm, right? Like, I can't believe you actually live there! It's all gloomy and looks like hot garbage on Magicam. No filter could salvage that dump."

It was no longer a pleasure.

• • •

Kayra poked her head into the Ramshackle lounge. "Kuro?"

She did not receive an immediate reply.

"Upstairs." said a voice, causing her and Grim to jump. It was a ghost.

"Oh... Thank you."

Sure enough, Kuroko was scrubbing away at the showering stalls on the second floor. She had removed her crop sweater, and the skinny she was in had turned dull and dirty from wearing them for three days strait while cleaning.

Grim gasped. "Whoa, you look like you've been living here your whole life...!"

"Hence, why you need these more than I do." Kayra held up the bags in her hand. "I think you've done enough for today. We don't even use these showering stalls."

"It's just in case the boys stay over again."

Curious, Kuroko wiped her wet hands on her pants and stepped into the hallway. Taking a bag from Kayra, she saw them full of clothes and other necessities.

"From where...?!" She breathed.

"The teachers."

She did a quick recap of day. How Cater had roped them into his painting spree, only for him to say that Ace couldn't talk to Riddle without an apology tart, due to another weird rule. How they were kicked out and almost late for class. How they had to stop Grim from bunking class. And getting into a fight in the cafeteria. She slowed down when she noticed Kuroko's grim expression. [pun intended]

"Kuro...?"

"I had a dream this morning, similar to what happened to you..." She proceeded to recount said dream with some difficulty speaking.

She must be really tired. Kayra thought. She was ashamed of running off and not taking on more chores.

"What do you thi-?" Kuroko was cut off by a sneeze.

"It's too soon to make assumptions." Kayra handed her a handkerchief from the bag. "We should observe a little longer. As for the meaning of the dream, I'm clueless."

"Figures." She blew her nose.

Kayra continued; As they finished lunch, she had quietly asked another junior, Trey, if any of the teachers had daughters or sisters. He was confused, but pointed her to Professor Trein. Appalled by her situation, the Professor had provided her with the money to afford everything they needed. As well as excuse her from the next class to go to town and purchase them. When she came back, Professor Crewel was holding two bags full of clothes. It was then that Professor Crewel noticed and tended to her wounds.