Chapter Three

The next day, Yeonjun arrived at school early, eager to avoid the bullying that had become routine for her. But as she made her way to her first class, she saw a group of girls giggling and pointing at her. They were pointing and whispering to each other while staring at her, and Yeonjun felt a wave of anxiety wash over her.

Soobin noticed her distress and walked over, instantly placing himself between Yeonjun and the girls. He stood tall, facing them down, and they instantly fell silent. Soobin turned to Yeonjun and took her hand, steering her away from the group. He didn't need to say anything. He just made sure that Yeonjun was safe from the bullies.

As the day went on, Yeonjun couldn't help but notice that Soobin was always there for her. He would pop up out of nowhere, offering a smile or a comforting word. It was like he was watching over her, keeping her safe.

At the end of the day, as they were walking to their respective busses, Yeonjun couldn't hold back her emotions any longer. She turned to Soobin, tears in her eyes, and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice shaking. "Thank you for always being there for me. I don't know what I would have done without you."

Soobin hugged her back gently, his face solemn. He knew that Yeonjun was going through a tough time, and he didn't want her to suffer any longer.

"I'll always be here for you, Yeonjun," he said softly. "No matter what."

Yeonjun clung to him for a moment longer, savoring his warmth. She had never had anyone care for her like this before, and she knew that she had fallen for him. She wanted to tell him how she felt, but she was afraid.

As they separated, Soobin smiled at Yeonjun, his eyes soft and kind. He was waiting for her to speak, but she was still gathering the courage.

Finally, she took a deep breath and spoke.

"I think I love you, Soobin."

Soobin's eyes widened in surprise, and Yeonjun blushed, feeling embarrassed.