Chapter Two

The next day, Yeonjun was walking down the hallway when she saw a group of girls giggling and pointing at her. She tried to ignore them and keep walking, but they quickly noticed her and started laughing even harder. Yeonjun tried to ignore them, but the teasing was getting to her. It was like they were taking everything from her, and she didn't know what to do.

Soobin, who was a few feet away, noticed Yeonjun's distress and hurried over to her. He could see the tears welling up in her eyes, and he couldn't bear to see her like this. He put a comforting hand on her shoulder and led her away from the bullies.

"Are you okay?" he asked, genuine concern written on his face. Yeonjun shook her head, unable to hold back the tears. Soobin pulled her close and held her, letting her cry into his shoulder. He didn't need to say anything. He just let her know that he was there for her, no matter what.

After a few moments, Yeonjun's crying subsided. She felt ashamed that she had let the bullies get to her like that, but she was grateful for Soobin's presence. She had never had anyone stand up for her like that before.

"I'm sorry," she said with a faint smile, wiping her tears away. "I don't know why I can't just ignore them. They're just words, but they still hurt."

"Words can cut deeper than any weapon," Soobin said. "They know that you're a kind and caring person, and they're just trying to bring you down. But I won't let them. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Yeonjun felt a warmth spread throughout her body at Soobin's words. He wasn't just a friend to her, he was more than that. He was her guardian angel, and she felt like she could tell him anything.

"I don't know what I would do without you," Yeonjun said, grabbing Soobin's hand in hers.