Goth Ball (3)(Goth Girl AU)

Start from the beginning

    "You disgust me," she said. "Whatever you thought you needed me for, drop it now."

    "Oh, pleeeaaase, Himiko!" Tenko begged, falling to her knees. "I really need your witchcraft! It's something very important to meeeee!" Himiko rolled her eyes.

   "If I help you, will you shut up and leave me alone...forever? " she groaned. 

    "Yes!" Tenko replied eagerly. Himiko uttered a pained, heavy sigh. 

    "Nyeeeeh...where's Grim when you need him?" she muttered to herself, plopping her head into the palm of her hand.  

   ***

  After Angie finished showing Maki her classes, the bell to start first period rang. The halls soon became flooded with students rushing to their classes.

   "Well, Maki, your first class is Algebra!" Angie said. "Come, come! I'll show you!" Angie led Maki to the Algebra room. "Well, I have to leave for my class! See you soon, 'kay?"

   "Whatever," Maki mumbled in response before heading inside the classroom. She sat down in an empty seat in a dark corner of the back end of the classroom. Leon sat down in his seat next to her, grumbling to himself. 

    "Class, we have a new student joining us today," the teacher said cheerfully. She nodded to Maki. "Miss, will you please stand up and tell the class your name?" Maki sighed and rolled her eyes before standing up and eyeing everyone with her cold, icy stare. 

    "Maki Yumekawa, Ultimate Assassin," she announced promptly before sitting back down.

    "Um...okay, then. Thank you for that, Miss Yumekawa," the teacher said, laughing nervously. Hurriedly changing the subject, she began the lesson. After she finished, the students either started doing their homework, or chatting amongst each other. Leon turned to Maki. 

    "Sooo...you're an assassin," he said. "I was wondering if-"

   "Turn away," Maki ordered, cutting Leon off. 

    "B-But...I have a favor to ask!" Leon whispered urgently. Maki glared at him.

    "What?" she replied testily. 

     "Well, you see, there's this dance on Saturday, and the girl I like asked this guy to the dance before I could ask her," Leon began.

   "So, why didn't you?" Maki asked sharply. 

    "Huh? What do you mean?" Leon asked. Maki turned to him with a hard look. 

   "Why didn't you ask her first?" she enunciated.

    "Oh! Um...well...I was just tryin' to figure out how, y'know?" Leon replied, scratching his head nervously.

   "No, it's because you're a coward," Maki simply replied. "You didn't have the guts to ask her out, and, as a result, you want me to take out the guy who did have the guts to ask her out. Typical."

   "Whoa! Harsh city!" Leon exclaimed. "It's not easy being in love, okay? Cut me some slack already! You try falling for someone and see what it's like!"

    "Do you wanna die?" Maki asked Leon in a low, threatening voice. Leon shrank back in his seat with fear.

    "No," he mumbled.

    "Let me make one thing clear," Maki said, leaning closer to him with daggers in her eyes. "I'm not weak like you are. I will never, ever fall for anyone. Love is for the weak, spineless, cowardly, morons just waiting to have their hearts broken. Which is another reason why I'm not helping you." Right after Maki uttered the final word, the bell rang. With one last look of scorn at Leon, she stood up and headed for her next class.