chapter seven :: tuesday .

chapter warnings : none

i woke up the next morning to a grey, foggy sky. i stared out my window, the sky's tear stains leaving their mark. i sighed, and wrapped myself in my blankets, squeezing my eyes shut. i decided that it was too cold to leave my bed, and i'd just stay here for the rest of the day. my brother came in, pulling my blanket away from me. "come on, wake up, you've slept enough." "no i haven't" i said quietly, grabbing my blanket back. "yeah you have, i called you for dinner at half six, and when i went upstairs, you were asleep so soundly i thought you'd died." he said sarcastically, glaring at me. "can i just have like, five more minutes? please? it's freezing." i begged, hiding underneath my blankets. "no. we're already late. what happened to making a good impression? you'd hardly want to show up late on your second day of school." i groaned, and reluctantly got out of bed. i flung a pillow at my brother, and he left the room, chuckling. i dug out some of my brothers old jeans, a shirt and a blue worn out hoodie. i got dressed, and went to the bathroom and got myself ready. i tied half my hair up, and obviously did some makeup so i'd look less pale. i sighed gently, walking downstairs, pulling on my shoes. i took a sip of water to try wake myself up before heading to the car. my brother followed, hopping on one foot trying to get his shoes and his flannel and jacket on. i leaned my head against the window of the car, half asleep. my brother stopped about a block up from school. "you can walk the rest of the way, yeah?" i nodded gently, rubbing my eyes, getting out of the car. my brother ran to catch up with his group of friends. they were all obviously socs, and now looking at my brother, his hair did look weirdly cleaned up, and the fact he was wearing his best clothes. i sighed gently, walking a little bit behind them. they were talking quite loud, and pushing each other around, thinking it was the funniest thing ever. i bit my tongue, trying not to say anything.

i walked to my locker, and cherry greeted me, smiling. i prayed she wouldn't invite me to sit with her again today. obviously i wanted to be friends with her, but it wouldn't work out. she was a soc, and i was a greaser. all her friends were obviously rich, and i don't think they were as welcoming as cherry was. also, i wouldn't be able to be there with bob and his group. we talked for a bit, before the bell rang out, and i headed to class. we had history first class, which was fun. i was good at history, but that's only because i was good at talking and debating things. not to people, though, just my diary. and johnny. some things were easier to talk to then most people were. we were doing the renaissance, which was probably my favourite time period. i think i loved it so much because of the paintings. my mom loved all that stuff. i sat by johnny, and tried my best to write down timelines and descriptions of important people and keywords for him to understand it better. "you don't have to do all this" johnny whispered quietly, shooting a glance over to me. "i know, but i want to. plus, it'll help you learn it" i responded quietly, smiling. "when we get back to my house i'll be able to explain it in more detail." he nodded gently, trying to read what i was writing. i gently tucked my hair behind my ear, trying to take as many notes down as possible. johnny leaned his head against his palm and tried to concentrate. he was actually trying to learn, too. he always asked questions, and he really wanted to learn the stuff, but the teachers kept brushing him off. i tried to answer most of them, but then again, as good as i was at history, i wasn't a professional, so i didn't really know what to say. i sighed gently, looking down at my book. johnny raised his hand again "um- mr. fletcher, what date was this? could you do a time line?" he asked quietly. since johnny was a quiet kid, and usually kept to himself, it took a lot of courage to ask questions. mr. fletcher groaned quietly. "johnny, why must you ask so many questions? i'm writing down notes, take them down." a few people started snickering and nudging each other. johnny bit hit lower lip, and mumbled a quick apology. "mr. fletcher?" i asked, fidgeting under the desk. "yes, y/n?" he asked. i glanced at johnny, then back at him. "why can you not just answer his questions? it's not like he's holding you at gun point or anything. you're getting paid to teach us, so why not do it properly. you'd think you'd be proud of a student to ask questions, to show they give a shit about what your saying-" i quickly cut myself off before i could say anymore. my mouth was moving faster then my brain was thinking. shit. "excuse me?" mr. fletcher said, staring at me. i looked over at johnny who was smiling gently to himself, and noticed the rest of the class staring at me, too. "miss l/n i think you've had your say. please take your attitude, and go to the principals office." "what? so i'm being punished for defending a student? this is such bullshit!" i groaned, grabbing my bag. "miss l/n you will not be asked again. please remove yourself from this classroom!" he raised his voice. i shot a look to johnny before i left. he mumbled a quick 'thank you', but that was all i could make out before i almost got shoved out by mr. fletcher.