"G'night, Bella," he says, walking up the dormitory stairs.

"Night," I reply, glancing at him and then back at the fire.

Not five seconds later, George comes running back down the stairs, a worried look on his face.

"Erm, Arabella..." he gives me a nervous glance.

"...Yes?" I look at him from over the back of the sofa.

"Fred and Angelina... They're..." my eyes go wide as I think I know what he's going to say.

"Like seriously?" I give him the look trying to tell him what I'm thinking.

He seems to understand and shakes his head, "No, just really... intense... make-out."

I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips and George can't help but join me as we start laughing loudly together in the empty room.

"I knew it would happen," I chuckle, shaking my head.

"I think everyone knew," George continues laughing.

Our laughing calms and I tell George to sit down next to me since his dorm is a bit occupied.

"Your best friend and my brother, who would've known," George shakes his head, chuckling a bit.

I watch his face, his strong jaw, and sharp features, "Not me."

He looks at me and smirks, "Can I see that picture you took earlier?"

"The one of you?" I smile and take out my small stack of photos.

He laughs looking over my shoulder at them, "You took more than that one?"

"Yeah, when we were in the kitchens and when we were unpacking the fireworks."

"Cool, can I see?" he asks and I nod, handing him the photos.

"That whole stack is just from the World Cup to today," I tell him and his eyes widen at me.

"You mean you have more!?"

I let out a small laugh, "Loads more."

He finishes shuffling through the stack and hands them back to me. I put them away and catch him looking at me. I feel my cheeks get hot and manage a small smile.

"What, George?" I can't help the giggle that comes out of my mouth as he smirks.

He shrugs and leans a little closer. I lean even closer. His eyelids are heavy and my lips part.

His mouth lands on mine as his hands grab my hips. My hands land on his neck as he pulls me closer. He opens my mouth with his and I can feel the softness of his lips. My teeth graze his bottom lip and he fully wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls away as he moans my name but I pull his mouth back to mine.

He starts to push me down onto the couch, his hands on my back, so he's leaning over me. My fingers tangle in his hair as his hands tilt my head. The kiss deepens and I forget about everything. Everything but the sweet taste of his mouth from the pastries we ate.

His soft kiss turns hot and his lips travel down my neck. He brings his mouth up to my cheek when he pulls back and looks at me. He smirks at me, leaning back down to my lips. My lids feel heavy as our lips touch again. Then I snap out of it.

I push his body up and into a sitting position. He breathes deep and my breath is rag

"Woah," his smirk returns as he runs his hands through his messed-up hair. Messed up by me.

"Please shut up," I stare at the fire, not daring to look at him, feeling the flush of my cheeks.

"Do that again and maybe I will," I can hear the smirk in his voice as he moves closer to me.

His hand pulls my face to look at him. His cheeks are flushed and my lipgloss is smudged on his lips. The twinkle in his eyes reflects the same desire to kiss me as I have to kiss him.

"I can't," my voice is barely a whisper as his hand rests on my cheek.

"Why not?" his voice his low and gravelly.

I don't want to get caught up in feelings when I know all you want is to win the bet, I think. But all I manage is an unconvincing shake of my head.

His hand drops and he starts to stand. I see the disappointment on his face, which almost seems real, and reach to grab his hand. But my hand stops a few inches away and drops on my thigh.

I watch him walk up the stairs, past Angelina, and into his dorm.

I cover my face with my hands and throw my head back onto the couch.

"What happened to you?" Angelina sits next to me on the couch.

"I did something bad..."

* * *

"I can't believe you two both made out with a Weasley last night!" Alicia whisper-shouts over her breakfast.

I glance at George and our eyes meet. I look away quickly, turning my attention back to my friends.

"Why aren't you happy, Bella?" Angelina asks me, reading the expression on my face, "I mean, I know you're losing the bet, but you haven't had a boyfriend since-"

"Please, I don't want to talk about that," I put my fork on my plate.

"Sorry. It's just, maybe he made the bet because he really likes you and wanted an excuse to flirt with you."

"Or he just wants money and I'm getting caught up in feelings for someone who doesn't feel the same way," I say through gritted teeth, grabbing my book bag, "I'm going to go."

My two friends don't ask questions as I stand and walk out the tall doors of the Great Hall. I don't glance at the twins as I walk passed but out of the corner of my eye, I see George's head turn toward me as I do.

I wish so badly that his feelings towards me were real. It sucks to think that he's only pretending he likes me so he can win the bet and get the money.

* * *

word count: 1461

A/N - i did something bad... so why'd it feel so good???!! guys sorry i haven't been active have a huge reading slump + writers block 😭 SORRY