"Pinky promise," he puts out his pinky, just like old times.

I crinkle my eyebrows and look from his twinkling eyes to his held-out finger.

"What am I promising?" I can't help the grin growing on my face.

"That I'll repay you," his smirk turns into a sweet smile and I link my pinky to his.

"You don't have to," I tell him

"I want to."

Then he turns and runs out the common room door. A weird feeling mixed with happiness fills my body and I feel my cheeks go a bit pink. My smile won't leave and I get weird looks from Harry and Ron when I make it to the Great Hall.

"Why are you so smiley?" Alicia chuckles and I shrug, forcing my smile away.

I start to eat my breakfast when Fred and George sit across from me and my best friends.

"What's up?" Fred gives Angelina a head nod and she smiles, blushing a bit.

I feel George looking at me and I glance up. We make eye contact and he smirks.

"Hey, we just made some new fireworks and wanted you guys to come test them with us," he's talking to all of us but his gaze sits on me.

I shrug and smile at him, "Sounds fun."

"Sound dangerous," Angelina laughs.

George looks away from me and starts telling us where to meet up and when, so we don't get caught.

"See you guys there, then," Fred smiles, standing up.

George starts to follow him, then looks at me and winks.

* * *

"Jordan, you're coming with us," George shouts, trying to hide more fireworks in my already packed book bag.

Lee starts walking towards us and Fred hands him fireworks to hide. He awkwardly tries to stay away from Alicia. Last year, they had dated and ended very abruptly, leaving their relationship feeling unfinished. A mix of anger and love always flows between them when they make eye contact. The twins know this, and I think the only reason they told him to come was to help hide the fireworks.

"We should go down to the kitchens and get some food to bring outside," I suggest and there is a noise of agreement.

So, we do just that. Go down to the kitchens and grab handfuls of food, hiding them with the fireworks.

We all agreed that we would go just after the sun was setting so we wouldn't have to wait for hours for it to be dark. When we reach the flying grounds, we set down our filled book bags and stare out at the gorgeous purples and blues of the sky as the sun finishes disappearing.

George sits next to me, handing me a few creampuffs and tossing one into his mouth. "Once the sun sets, we'll set off the fireworks and see how many people notice."

I laugh and look at him. He wears an expression as if he knows everything. He catches me looking and smirks.

"What?"

"Nothing," I start to laugh, "You just always have the expression as if you know everything."

"Always?" he laughs with me.

"Yes! You always look at Fred as if you know everything going on inside his head."

"Because I do, we're twins, duh." he rolls his eyes but the smile on his face grows.

He stares into my eyes and I don't look away. I can't look away. It's as if my eyes are locked on his gorgeous brown eyes that always remind me of the hot chocolate my mum used to make for us during Christmas time.

He clears his throat, looking away, "We should set off some sparklers first. Y'know, before the whole big show."

I nod but can't seem to get words out. Not with the feeling in my stomach that made me want to lean closer to him when we were staring at each other.

He smiles and stands up, grabbing some sparklers from his book bag. I look up at him and decide to stand up, too. Only a sliver of the sun is visible and the six of us decide it's dark enough for sparklers.

Fred passes out the sparklers and starts lighting them for everyone but me. Because George walks over and hands me one, another one in his hand. He smiles at me and lights his own.

"Let me light yours."

I hold it out and it sparks to life. We start towards our friends and he catches my eye. The laughter of the four in front of us fades as something else sparks. Something that breaks open a cage of feelings in my stomach.

Oh, no.

I've fallen for him.

* * *

word count: 1229

A/N- uh oh................. george's pov coming soon!!!!