Chapter Thirteen

——————
No One's POV
——————
2018

They were all walking along the road, away from all the chaos that just occurred when FA noticed Mr. Reed staring at them.

"What are you looking at?"

"You're still here." He answered. "I figured after we eliminated time travel, you four would go back to your fixed times."

"It probably takes a while for 30 years of changed time to sort itself out." FA replied.

"I don't think we have long." Adam said as they walked into the driveway of the Reed household. "I feel something happening."

"Yeah, I think we all do." OA said.

As they walked inside the house, Abby was holding Adam's hand.

"You guys sure it's okay for us to be here?" She asked them.

"It's fine. Mrs. Reed takes Adam to science club on Thursdays, and you always go with her." OA reminded Abby.

"Look, um... Dad." FA sighed. "There's something we need to tell you."

"I already know. I knew the moment I saw you. I'm sorry boys, to all of you actually. I'm, uh... I'm sorry that I'm not gonna be there for you down the road, and I've given it a lot of thought, but you cannot tell me how or when it happens. You came back here because no one has a right to change the future, including us."

"It's your future." OA whispered.

"No. You guys are my future. And how lucky am I that I got to see it?" Mr. Reed said softly before turning to FA. "I haven't been there for you. And I'm sorry. But I saw you being born. I watched you take your first breath. And after you bat happens, nothing is ever the same again. You're my son, Adam, and I love you. You're my boy? And I love you."

"Okay. You don't have to do all—" FA tried to interject.

"I loved you from the first minute that I saw you. And that will never change. Adam, you're my boy." Mr. Reed continued.

"Dad? We really don't have to do all—"

"You're amazing. I love you."

"I get it, Dad." FA whispered.

"I don't think you do. I am proud of you. I love you, son. Know that inside your heart. Know... come here." Mr. Reed brought FA into a hug as he started to cry.

Abby held Adam's hand tightly, using her thumb to rub the top of it.

"You're my boys, and you'll always be my boys. Throughout all time."

Adam let go of Abby's hand and got into their hug. Abby and OA stood quietly to the side, watching the scene.

"I love you, Dad." FA said quietly.

"I love you, buddy. Don't carry this around anymore."

"I need you, Dad." Adam said once they pulled out of the hug. "It's so hard without you."

"I know. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be better than okay." Mr. Reed whispered to him.

"You don't know that."

"Are you kidding me? Have you seen this guy?" Mr. Reed said, making Adam look up at FA. "Plus, Abby's with you. She's gonna always be with you."

"I know. There's gotta be something we can do." Adam whispered.

"I can thing of something."

——————————————————————————

Mr. Reed got out the old baseball gloves and a baseball as they stood in the backyard.

"You really gonna do this?" FA asked before he, Adam and Abby walked away. "Hey, can you two do me a favor? I don't know if we're gonna remember any of this, but maybe there'll be an echo or something, like Laura said. But just in case, give Mom a hug for me, Adam. Would you do that? Not one of your lame-ass side hugs either. I'm talking the break-a-rib kinda hug. The ones you give Abby all the time. Yeah?"

"Yeah." Adam smiled.

"Holy shit."

"What?" Abby asked.

"I spend 30 years trying to get away from the me that was him. And I'll tell you what, kid. I hate to say it, but you were the best part all along." FA said softly. "With a little aid of Abby."

"Are we gonna smoke this banana or sit—" Adam got cut off.

"Play ball!"

They spent the rest of their time together throwing the ball to one another with smiles, enjoying the moment until they disappeared to their fixed times.

——————
2020
——————

Adam and Abby walked down the stairs and saw Mrs. Reed sitting at the table.

"Hey there." She smiled.

"Don't you have work?" Abby asked her.

"Yeah. I need to pay the insurance on the house. It's in the calendar, but I can't find the statement."

"With that filing system? Shocking." Adam replied sarcastically.

"Shocking."

"It should all be online."

"This is how your dad did it." Mrs. Reed replied. "Hey, can you two grab a pile?"

"We'll be late for school." Abby said.

"Oh my gosh. You're right. Okay. Have a great day, guys."

Adam and Abby began to walk towards the door until they both shared a look and turned around. Abby let go of Adam's hand and let him run back over to his mom and gave her a big hug.

"Adam." Mrs. Reed muttered in surprise.

"Yeah?"

"Just making sure I wasn't getting mugged."

"Maybe you are." Adam smiled before pretending to fight his mom, his mom playing along.

"Get over here. You too Abby."

Mrs. Reed brought them both into a large hug.

"I love you, kids."

"I love you too." They replied in unison, large smiles on their faces.

Adam and Abby walked out of the house with large smiled, hands laced together.

"Adam?"

"Yeah, Abbs?"

"Do you wanna get ice cream later after school?"

Adam smiled at her question and nodded.

"I'd love to, but I'm gonna pay for it." Adam said.

"You and what money?"

"Secret..money..that I'll find somewhere- it doesn't matter."

Abby laughed and nodded.

"Okay, whatever. You win."

After that, Adam and Abby continued walking to school, talking and smiling.

Authors Note:
I am so sad that this book is over, Ngl, buuuuuttt, I WILL be making a story on the knew Percy Jackson series starring Walker because it's a must and a need. I do have to wait for all the episodes to come out before I can actually post anything, but it's fine. I really hope you guys likes this book. Every now and then I'll edit some chapters when I'm bored, but I love you all ♥️♥️♥️

(I already posted stuff, the first three episodes😭)
1088 Words