Chapter Six

No One's POV
—————————
2022
Adam, Abby and FA sat at the table eating. Abby ate across from Adam and FA, while they sat next to each other. FA and Adam ate the exact same way at the exact same time. A little freaky but Abby got used to it.

"So you came back for your wife, Abby, that Abby?" Adam asked after some time.

"We're not getting into that." FA tried to dodge, but knowing Adam...

"Hey, she's...my wife too." Adam said, slightly blushing.

"You know what? We're should get into that." FA said sarcastically, facing him. He noticed the slight tint of pink on his face but didn't say anything.

"Thank you."

FA shook his head, knowing he had no choice he started to speak.

"We got together in the academy. Abby was 20 minutes late to the wrong classroom in the wrong building." FA chuckled

"Sounds like Abby."

"Sounds like me."

"I offered to walk her to the right one, and...man, I was all in before we even made it outside. Couple of years ago, she didn't make it back from a jump. They told me her jet broke down up on reentry, but she was the best pilot in the program. She wrote the book on reentry. Didn't make sense." FA told Adam.

"And you were trying to get to 2018 cause that's where I went before?" Abby concluded.

"Yeah."

"What was she doing there?" Adam asked.

"I don't know. They changed the jump logs. Somebody's hiding something. Maybe she saw something Sorian didn't want her to see." FA said.

"Wait, "Sorian"? Maya Sorian, Dad's other partner?" Adam asked.

"She was always so nice to us." Abby commented.

"Hmm. Yeah, trust me. She's no friend." FA told them, as he got up and grabbed his plate and grabbing Abby's then going to grab Adam's. Adam quickly grabbed his plate back before he could take it and let out a small "nope."

"After Dad and died, she got rich off their tech. Bought all the right people. Next thing you know, she has exclusive control over the most valuable resource on Earth, time." FA said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Wait a minute. You're saying Dad invented time travel?" Adam asked.

"And my mother helped him?" Abby also asked.

"Yeah. Not on purpose. The magnetic particle excelerator, remember that?" FA responded

"Yeah, he called it The Adam Project."

"Yeah, or as I liked to call it, his favorite child." FA said, sipping his coffee.

"So what happened to Abby?" Adam asked.

FA paused for a second and looked towards Abby and taking another sip of his coffee.

"Mmm. Well, I think your nice friend Maya had her killed." FA answered, causing Abby to choke on her food and Adam to stop eating.

"What?!" Adam said, shocked. He didn't want his best friend to die.

"Yeah. That's why I gotta get back to 2018 as soon as possible. The jets almost ready. I'll lay low in the shed. I'm gonna heal for a few more days until I can get a clean read and then I'll fly out of your lives."

"But going back to save me. Talking to us. Everything you're doing right now just to rescue one person. You're changing the future. That's gotta be against the rules." Abby told him, knowing the effects of time travel from movies.

"Trust me, you'd do the same for Adam, if he was killed." FA muttered.

FA heard the faint rattling and immediately was on high alert.

"What?" Adam asked, noticing his face.

"Grab that bag. Get ready to run." FA instructed the two.

"Why? What's happening?" Abby asked as Adam grabbed the bag.

"We're going that way. Be ready." FA said, pointing to the back door.

FA grabbed a small silver ball and twisted it to turn it on. He lightly tossed it towards the front door and let it roll. Just as FA predicted, three guys kicked down the door, but the ball exploded, causing the guys to fly away.

FA ran towards the window leading to the back yard and tackled a man who was invisible before impact. The window shattered, and FA punched the guy in the face then took some sort of stick and electrocuted him.

Adam and Abby's mouth were wide open in shock as they watched what was happening.

"Move!" FA ordered them.

Adam quickly grabbed Abby's hand and ran forward. They watched FA take down another guy, but they just kept coming one after another. One shoved past Abby, making her loser her balance slightly.

FA got knocked down, but quickly got back up, pulling out a stick like thing from his pocket.

"Stay behind me." FA said

"Don't you do it! Don't you do it, Reed!" One of the guys said.

"You wanna see something cool?" FA asked, before he extended the stick.

"That's a lightsaber, dude." Adam and Abby said in unison.

"Quiet now." FA said, before doing and awesome spinning move with the lightsaber and slamming one end onto the ground, sending back the four guys in front of them.

"Time to go. Let's go." FA told us.

Adam quickly grabbed the bag off the ground and we ran after him, but he stopped and turned around.

There we saw a jet reveal itself, and none other than Maya Sorian herself was in it.

"Hello, Adam."

Authors Note:
I hate that it took this long to get this chapter out. But now you know what you look like. Yay! And I was writing something else on another account. But that doesn't matter. Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed. Love you all❤️