"What? No, absolutely not."

"Why not? What's the worst that could happen, he says no and stops flirting with you."

"Yes, and I like flirting with him, to be honest."

"Never thought I'd hear you say that," said V.

"Seriously, I do. I get to practice, and he can make everything sound sexy, and—"

"He makes you feel special."

"Yeah! I mean, no, well,"

"It's okay, girly, we won't tell. But you should try to get him to go out with you, I bet he wouldn't say no, even if it was just one date."

She thought about it and then gave in. "Fine. Tomorrow, I'm gonna win him over for good."

The next day at school Eden avoided eye contact with Billy, not wanting to think about what she had to do later. During lunch, instead of sitting with Steve and Scottie, she went and sat with Billy and his friends. As she was walking over, his friends saw her and nudged him. He turned around to see Eden standing next to him.

"Hey Cherry. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

She pushed the kid next to Billy out of his seat, took it instead, and cozied herself up to Billy, putting her head on his chest and combing his hair with her fingers. "Billy..." she said, letting his name hang tauntingly on her lips. "Do you want to go somewhere...quieter, before class?"

"What did you have in mind?" He whispered, his lips almost touching hers. They could practically feel the rest of the group holding their breaths during the tension.

"Let me show you." He wrapped his arm around her waist and lifted her off the bench before getting up himself.

"Lead the way." She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the cafeteria. They passed Scottie and Steve on the way out. Scottie saw them and Eden put her finger to her lips, begging her not to tell Steve. Scottie gave her a look that said 'Be cautious', but then her eyes wandered to Billy and met his eyes. Their breathing slowed, their mouths went dry, and she could see the longing and helplessness in his eyes that only she had learned to see. He started to mouth something, but was pulled away by Eden too quickly to tell what it was.

"You okay, Scottie?" Steve asked, turning to her.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, directing his sight away from his sister and Billy.

Eden pushed Billy into a classroom and closed the door. She turned to him, trying not to think, to just do it, because she was too nervous to process anything anyways. She turned to face Billy, the eyeliner framing her eyes making them look big and scared. Billy stepped toward her, she took a step back, but then found herself pressed up against the door.

"Why did you want me?" Billy asked, taking a step closer.

"I...I wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead." He took another step toward her.

"Not yet." Eden took a step in so their bodies were pressed against each other. He was a head taller, looking down into her shadowed face, and he kissed her for the first time. It was long and hard and felt like heaven. His lips were soft and practiced and the feeling quickly spread to the rest of their bodies, as did the kissing. Eden didn't think, she just let it happen, she let Billy take over and her nervousness evaporated, knowing she was safe in his embrace, in his kisses. It was just kissing, just making out, but if Steve ever found out what she had done, he would have Billy's head—and yet she was so wrapped up in the moment that the once constant thought never even crossed her mind.

"So did you ask him out?"

"What did he say?" Lola and Vivian were curious to hear all the details, because where they had been sitting with Scottie and Steve, they could see Eden dragging Billy off to some quieter place.

"Well, sort of. We ended up making out for the rest of lunch."

"What?! How was it?"

"It was like...I don't even know how to describe it. Like, the best feeling you've ever felt, but magnified by ten."

"Okay, so what happened after that?" Lola smirked, leaning in to hear better over the noisy bustle of dismissal.

"After that, I asked if he wanted to meet me at the abandoned car dump tomorrow and he said he'd love to."

"You are totally going out with Billy Hargrove! Oh my gosh!" Said V.

"Shut up, I am not. Not yet anyways."

"We'll see what happens tomorrow. If you make out again, y'all are so dating!"

"Anyways," Eden said, "Steve is out, so I have to go. I'll see you all later, bye!"

"Bye, lover!"

"What did she mean by that?" Asked Steve as Eden ran up to him.

"Nothing. You know us, nobody can ever understand us."

"Couldn't be more true," he said as they got in his car. But he didn't see the sly smile Eden had on, thinking about her first kiss and her day with Billy to come, and glad that Steve was none the wiser.