꒦꒷‧ ₊˚ ━ 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝟸𝙾.

Y/N JOLTED AWAKE WITH A LOUD GASP, sweat clinging to her forehead despite the winter wonderland outside

her heart was thundering against her chest, as though the very air she breathed had been taken from her and forcefully returned. it was a strange feeling, and not the most pleasant one from what she concluded.

evening her breaths, y/n lowered her hand from her chest, looking over at the clock beside the bed she laid on.

"nine in the morning." it was already the next day, and she'd fallen asleep before even getting a single page in from the book she'd just..

her eyes blinked as her hand groped around her sheets before pausing. "hold on now.." there was no way the book had disappeared — had she imagined all of it? the visit to the library, meeting the wolf in the woods, the encounter with the king of hearts — defeating the great king. was it all a dream?

"wait. tooru!" the maiden realized, hiking herself off the bed as she stumbled over to her dresser, grabbing her cheeks in shock. the ears, the fancy clothes.. all of them were gone. every shroud of evidence regarding the book she'd brought home was nonexistent.

only the memories remained of the events that went down, albeit fuzzy. though she remembered one thing, the most important of all.

rushing down the hall to the bathroom, the aoba johsai student quickly fixed herself up in the mirror, brushing her teeth and through hair quickly, but thoroughly. she couldn't show up looking like an insomniac that read till dawn.. which was her usual.

after wiping her face, she dashed back into her bedroom, plucking a turtleneck and skirt off her hangers before slipping into a pair of stockings. the second year wasn't crazy enough to step outside with bare legs on a snowy day — that was plain idiotic ( she had done it before ).

having tucked her turtleneck into her plaid skirt, the e/c eyed girl then slid her preferred boots on with a noise of struggle before checking her phone.

"half passed nine." she muttered, snatching a coat off another hanger as she made her way towards the staircase.

thankfully it was a saturday morning and not a school day, but it was still imperative that she sought out tooru. y/n had made a promise after all.