Y/n quickly got up from their seat and ran out of the coffee shop. I watched as Y/n looked around for a bit, before walking back into the shop.

"What was that?" I asked a bit confused.

I had never seen Y/n react in that way to anything.

"I just wanted to say thank you," Y/n mumbled.

The waiter soon arrived with our drinks and Y/n started to look a little nervous.

"Are you okay?" I asked a bit concerned.

I had never seen Y/n act this way. They were tapping the table and shaking their leg as they chugged their water down.

"I'm fine," Y/n answered once they finished their water.

"Want to keep shopping?" Y/n suddenly asked.

"Yeah, let me just finish up my drink," I awkwardly responded.

Y/n was acting really strange.

After getting a lot of anxiety from Y/n shaking their leg, I ended just chugging my drink down and rushing Y/n out of the coffee shop.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"What? What are you talking about?" Y/n looked at me confused.

"You've been all erratic since I said I saw Ms. Pham. She's not a social worker anymore. She can't take me away you know," I sassed Y/n.

Their behavior was getting a bit much for me.

"That's not it. It's just that-"

Y/n was saying something when they suddenly bumped into someone.

- Hanni POV -

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized to the stranger I had accidentally bumped into.

I was too distracted texting Yunjin that I had seen Y/n again to look at where I was walking.

"No, I'm so sorry! I was distracted," I familiar voice responded.

I looked up a bit to find the one person I had been trying to avoid right in front of me.

"Y/n?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Ms. Pham!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Umm, you can call me Hanni now," I tried to swallow the knot in my throat.

To be honest, I had been wanting to contact Y/n over the last couple of days, but Yunjin had told me that it would seem as unprofessional. I could possibly even lose my license over it.

"Okay, Hanni," Y/n began to blush.

I could feel myself start to blush as well.

My name just sounded so pretty coming out of Y/n's mouth.

"I've been meaning to- You look so- I- I," Y/n suddenly began to stutter.

"Would you like to come over for New Year's Eve?" Y/n managed to finally say a coherent sentence.

"Umm, I don't think-"

I was about to reject the invitation, when Haerin suddenly exclaimed.... "Please! Y/n's a mess without you!"

I chuckled from pure awkwardness, but , in reality, my heart was starting to race like crazy.

"Umm, yeah. That and ummm.... it was great having you over for Christmas. It would be nice if came over for New Year's too," Y/n's voice pitch was fluctuating quite a bit.

"I mean I don't know if there's like laws against that or like if you'd lose your license for platonic relationships with former patients and stuff, but I mean. Yeah... you know," Y/n began to mumble.

Y/n was acting really strange and I could see it in Haerin's face that this wasn't natural behavior for Y/n.

"Please, you're probably like Y/n's only friend!" Haerin suddenly sassed.

"Can you not!" Y/n turned to mug Haerin.

"Huh? Guess there is a sibling side to them," I thought to myself.

People around the office always said that Y/n and Haerin's relationship was more like sister or mother and daughter or even a bit weirder things, but I had never seen that.

I always looked at as kids who were put in this uncomfortable situation.

Y/n knew just a little bit more, so Haerin would run to them for comfort. Meanwhile, Y/n was trying to figure out how to not starve to death.

To be honest, when I looked at them.... I saw two 5 year old by the beach... trying to figure out how to not to starve. Y/n would bring a stick and string, while Haerin cried from hunger. After a few minutes of trying to figure out how to make a fishing rod from a stick and a string, Y/n would comfort Haerin with the knowledge that maybe they could eat.

Unfortunately for me, Y/n was close to my age and their amateur fishing skills had won me over.

"Okay, okay! I'll come over for New Year's if you two stop bickering," I gave in.

It was hard to stay away from the two of them.

"Thank you!" Y/n sided eye Haerin.

"Oh, Unnie! Me and Dani are dating now!" Haerin suddenly exclaimed.

My heart fluttered by the sudden nickname.

I had heard that Haerin didn't call many people by terms of endearment or affection. So, I felt very special to be called an "Unnie". 

"Oh, are you?! Finally!" I began to tease.

- Y/N POV -

Ms. Pham ended up spending the rest of our shopping trip with us.

I wanted Haerin to have a new clothes for New Year's Eve and also just the new year in general. It was nice to have a bit of a girlie option with me. I wasn't very good at it.

"Uhh, that's cute!" Hanni hyped Haerin up.

I never really understood Haerin's fashion, but it didn't matter. If it made Haerin happy then who was I to judge.

I actually felt a bit nervous around Hanni.

I had been thinking about how she kissed me during Christmas. I mean, I didn't remember it, and Hanni herself didn't remember....

But Minji, Haerin, and Danielle kept insisting that it seemed like she liked me.

Even though, I had some feelings for Minji... I didn't find it disrespectful to explore my feelings for Hanni. She was a bit more there for me than Minji when I thought about it and... she wasn't my coworker or my employer's daughter.

Granted Hanni was our old social worker and it was a bit unethical in that sense, but I didn't see myself as doing anything wrong.

I was just exploring my feelings after all.

"It would nice to see Y/n spend some time around someone besides Minji. Y/n needs more pretty girls in their life. So, you know, please make sure to come over for New Year's!" Haerin suddenly came with the assist.

"Of course, I already promise. I'll be there!" Hanni responded.

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Fun Fact- When I was a kid, my first social worker ever actually dropped my case and sent me a homemade letter telling me really nice things  >~<