~Training Chapter 5~

Aria Morelli

We walked our separate ways down the hallway trying to pass the time until we had to meet at the weaponry. My lungs feel tight with pent up anticipation. The cool early winter air from outside drifted into the halls filling its space, and I could feel it wave across my skin. My flat footsteps echo through the narrow corridor with each step. I can still hear the hushed voices of Jessie and Leia, discussing the plans and details for our next mission.

Leia's arm casually rested on Jessie's shoulder, as he shot her a subtle smile, his eyes the common color of a crisp, strong brown but uniquely captivating in their own right. They were focused on her, tracing her every movement as if she were the only person in the world.

His auburn hair fell gracefully over his forehead, and he leaned in to whisper something into her ear, causing her cheeks to flush a delicate shade of pink. She playfully slapped his shoulder, and the melodious sound of her laughter filled the hallway, echoing off the walls. And each action and movement she made was a testament to her beauty.

She was the kind of beautiful that everyone thought of when they heard the word. Leia was almost like a real-life princess. Her beauty had an ethereal quality, as though she had been plucked from the pages of a fairy tale and brought to life. With her fair complexion and a mane of hair that seemed spun from the purest strands of moonlight, she radiated a captivating appearance that was impossible to ignore.

Leia's hair was the lightest shade of blond, so pale that it bordered on white. It flowed in soft waves down her back, framing her slim face perfectly before gently grazing her strong muscular shoulders. The strands of hair, though messy, still looked perfect as she continued walking down the hall with Jessie.

Her cheekbones were a work of art. They delicately highlighted most of her features that lined her face. Her eyes were extravagant, despite the fact that her eyes may not have been perfectly symmetrical, it was a detail that most people never noticed. To the naked eye, they appeared close enough to mirror each other. But it wasn't the symmetry that captivated those who gazed upon her—it was the depth of her eyes.

Leia's eyes were like a pair of sapphires, deep and mesmerizing. But they were not just blue; they were a vast, swirling ocean of blue, wild and unpredictable just like her. When you looked into them, it was as if you were diving into uncharted waters, unsure of what mysteries lay beneath the surface.

Leia's beauty was more than skin deep, whether she wanted to admit it or not; it was a reflection of her inner spirit—unpredictable, untamed, and utterly captivating. She was a living embodiment of the enchantment that had drawn so many into her orbit, and those who were fortunate enough to know her understood that she was indeed a real-life princess in her own right, ruling over the hearts of those who had the privilege of knowing her.

But under all the beauty and perfection everyone around her saw she had many flaws that shone through her character. Leia had been told her whole life, by everyone that she was beautiful but it just occurred to me now that she never truly believed it.

I simply smiled to myself as they started talking and laughing. I had other things on my mind. Before every mission, I felt as if I needed to account for every outcome. I needed to be prepared and ready. As time went by of me thinking and wandering the halls my pace slowed as I made my way into a corridor that was familiar to me, but it had been a long while

Hesitantly I kept walking, seeing doors lined on each side of the bright hallway until I passed it. I pass by the training room. It's a place of sweat, grit, and relentless will power. I can't help but steal a glance through the glass windows, watching as the recruits spar with each other, their bodies moving in graceful, deadly harmony. There's raw energy in the room, a reminder of the constant preparation required in our line of work. I used to be there. I thought to myself with a sense of admiration, which quickly faded.