CHAPTER VI

────── -: ✧ :- ──────┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐ACT IV, CHAPTER VItears of helplessness└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘────── -: ✧ :- ──────

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐
ACT IV, CHAPTER VI
tears of helplessness
└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘
────── -: ✧ :- ──────

When Hope met Calista Snow, she thought they were completely different. After all, she was born in the district, and the brown-haired one was born in the Capitol. They were brought up completely differently. Taught different value systems. A different meaning of the word family.

However, after a long period of observation, Sparks realized that there was not much difference between them. On the contrary. Both play in Snow's theater, both have to wear masks, both protect their family, both have been destroyed by the devil in human skin.

However, there was still one big gap between the cousins. Hope was admitting to the evil she had endured and committed. Calista, on the other hand, lived in denial. She couldn't believe that her grandfather was angry, that she was as damaged as he was. Hope, on the other hand, openly said that the toxic blood of Coriolanus flows in her veins, which makes her naturally evil and destructive. She was a poison, to others and to herself. Just like Corolanus Snow and Calista Snow.

— You're fooling yourself. Hope said, sitting in the same room with Calista.

- I'm listening? - said the brown-haired girl, moving her blue irises to the blonde.

- You are as damaged as me, as your grandfather.

- Our grandfather, Rosie. - she corrected in a sweet voice. — And yet neither of us is ruined.

— Calista, face it, we have snake venom in our veins. - she said seriously, looking into her eyes. - Poisoned venom. Because of him. Coriolanus Snow, is a snake that poisons everything associated with it. Especially us.

- You're funny. - said the younger girl sarcastically.

- He destroyed you and you are not aware of it. You'll end up like him.

— It's not a bad future. she said, shrugging.

— Do you want to be alone? Surrounded by people who hate you? she asked, walking to the window.

— Grandpa has a lot of relatives, he is not alone. - she said, not paying attention to the girl's departure.

- Please don't say you're that stupid.

- You're the one who made up something.

— No, I accepted the brutal truth. I am what I am because of him. But you deny it and live in a lie that will bring death to you.

The conversation was interrupted by the appearance of Coriolanus and two employees in the room. Just by looking at him, the girls knew they had to follow him, without a word of objection.

So they both followed him to the room where the president's important meetings were held.

A hologram showing a group of people caught Hope's eyes. She immediately recognized Katniss and Victor walking by her side.