CHAPTER IX

────── -: ✧ :- ──────┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐ACT I, CHAPTER IXkeep going└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘────── -: ✧ :- ──────

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐
ACT I, CHAPTER IX
keep going
└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘
────── -: ✧ :- ──────

The sound of the anthem hit Hope Sparks' ears painfully, and after a while it was replaced by the voice of Caesar Flickerman, who began the evening's program.

The redhead's biggest dream at that moment was to be anywhere other than the Capitol. She wanted to be with her siblings. Especially when it came time to present.

The preparation team was the first to go, they entered the stage to applause and cheers, and the crew in turn waved to the audience or blew kisses.

In another wave of cheers, Rose appeared on the stage. She was wearing a light purple ruffled dress and had streaks of the same color in her black hair. With a big smile on her face, she waved to the audience, enjoying the sounds of the Capitol's inhabitants.

Another huge round of applause erupted as Killian entered, dressed not in black as usual, but this time in a red suit with gold details. He walked, modestly waving and smiling at the people in the audience.

Veronica and Tristan finally took to the stage in matching outfits. A woman in a beautiful dress with lowered sleeves in a shade of blood red, above the knee, with a longer train spreading out at the back. She accessorized with gold jewelry and high heels. Tristan was wearing a suit, the same color as the dress, with gold details. They walked very close to each other with perfectly practiced smiles. They must have practiced them to perfection after so long.

Eventually, the glow of the lights found its way to Hope Sparks. She wore a scarlet dress with gold crystals on the bodice and a tulle skirt that sparkled. Red hair let loose over small shoulders. There was a perfect smile on her lips the color of her dress, in which it was impossible to see her true feelings. She currently wanted to kill the person who got her into this big mess.

However, she suppressed it all and walked, waving as if modestly, as if confidently, until she joined the others on stage. Her mentors walked up to her and grabbed her arm from both sides. They led her towards the victor's throne.

It was a beautifully decorated armchair in a shade of red with gold elements. Hope made herself comfortable in the seat, knowing what awaited her now. Three hours of watching her kill and have her two friends die. The host cracked a few jokes to the audience and then the lights dimmed. At that moment, the redhead knew that her private torture after going through hell had begun.

The desire to escape appeared when the first recordings appeared on the screen. These were pre-Olympic events, and music played in the background, making it all spooky. When the tributes finally appeared on the screen and their deaths, the blue eyes were barely emotionless. Tears were welling up in her eyes and her heart was pounding like it was going to burst out of her chest and then fly as far away from this fucked-up place as possible. She wanted to scream in pain. Screaming with the helplessness she felt from the moment her name was drawn until now, but she knew it would never end because she was one of the actors in a play by Corialanus Snow.