An Invitation, New Partners, and An Offer

(Lucien pov)

I got done tuning my motorcycle after 3 more hours. I had to make sure everything was okay in the machinery. Afterwards, I can be able to study my opponent for tonight and then take his two best cards. Nothing makes me happy then adding more fiend support cards and making money for the family although I have to make sure not to be overconfident as that will be my undoing. As I study my opponent's deck, I look over my own cards to see what I can do in order to slow down her Evil Heroes. Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door. I get up to answer it and see who's there but when I open the door there was no one there. I look down and see a envelope addressed to me. I picked it up and went back inside the house. I sat back in my chair as I am opening the envelope and I read the contents and I'm shocked. It's a invitation to the World Duel Carnival but I only have 3 days to accept otherwise I forfeit my chance. I know they only started this to bring more of those pesky numbers however I can't complain since I have one of my own although I don't use him as much in my duels. I close my eyes and reminisce about the last time I was in Heartland City. It was a bumpy road to be in that city given I grow up in an orphanage but I still had my siblings Reginald and Rio with me and I made sure all three of us after our dad's death were okay. I felt it as my responsibility as the oldest by a year I had to look after them and give them a stable life however the three of us were just broken children that had our happy lives abruptly crushed with tragedy. The tragedy only grew worse when Rio dueled That Guy in the warehouse and was hospitalized from it. Heck I got a scar on my lip from the accident. Then I'm pulled from my thoughts by a ringing on my gazer. I picked up and see it's my manager/ guardian. I hit the button to answer.

Lucien: Hello.

Mrs.Yagumo(on phone): Lucien there's some trouble with the match tomorrow. It has been canceled as your opponent has now joined your match up tonight to change it to a wave scramble match with the Evil Hero duelist and the wicked god wielder against you and the kicker is should you lose to any of the two, all your cards are up for grabs and your banned from all tournaments.

Lucien: Well guess that sucks but it saves me the trouble of tomorrow night but do you have any film on the other person's deck cause I just got done with the evil hero one and I can say that it isn't that impressive other than only two cards: Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy and Evil Hero Malicious Edge. Can't wait to add those to my deck.

Mrs.Yagumo(on phone): Unfortunately no. All I have is their codename: Queen Of Fiends.

Lucien: Well it would seem like the Queen is about to meet the King.

Mrs.Yagumo: Already asserting your dominance over your opposition.

Lucien: Well after tonight, I will be at mark 480 that will leave only 20 duelists to beat until I get to my personal achievement. Plus I get to add more support and powerful Fiends to my arsenal.

Mrs.Yagumo: Well before you pre celebrate your victory, there are some conditions for your duel tonight from your opposition.

Lucien: What are they?

Mrs.Yagumo: 1: You are to duel with your Synchro deck and can't use Clear Wing for your first opponent. 2: Banned from using Rafael, Hamon, and Ccapac Apu in your fiend deck, should you face your second and final opponent. 3: Any life points you lost and still have will transfer over to the next duel. These are the conditions set, will this be a problem for you?

Lucien: No it won't be a problem. Actually this is perfect, it gives me the chance to use cards I haven't used in awhile and other strategies before my Ace cards. Do I have to use the Xyz monsters or is it my choice.

Mrs.Yagumo: You can use them if you want but ultimately it's up to you.

Lucien: Well it's my final match up before I leave the underground for good and leave New Domino City. Oh there is something I have to show you after the duel, be ready for it.