38 Shashi's Stand

Start from the beginning

Garima opened the door and was about to say something but got stuck seeing a guy with Khushi. She didn't need clarification about the guy. The way Khushi smiled at her told her who the man could be.

"Amma..." Khushi tried to say something, looking at Arnav,

Garima stopped her showing her palm and said,

"Arnav...?"

Arnav raised his brows in amusement whereas Khushi nodded yes.

"Please come in..." Garima gave him space.

Arnav entered with a smile. Khushi looked at Garima and asked through gesture,

*How is he?*

Garima shook her head with raised brows excitedly which made Khushi's smile wide.

Shashi who was watching the news stood up, seeing a young man with Khushi.

"Babuji, he is Arnav... He wants to meet you" Khushi said.

"Hello, uncle..." Arnav greeted him.

"Nice to meet you Arnav. Take your seat" Shashi pointed at a couch.

Arnav took a seat.

"I will bring you something," Garima said and was supposed to go to the kitchen, she stopped hearing,

"No Aunty, we just had samosa at my home" Said Arnav.

Shashi and Garima looked at Khushi surprisingly.

"He took me to his house and introduced me to his mother," Khushi said.

"Oh..."

The Gupta couple was so satisfied with Arnav's approach of taking Khushi to his mother. They liked it.

Khushi was supposed to tell them about what Ratna told her, but Arnav stopped her and took the lead.

"Our parents liked Khushi very much, uncle. They are ready to take the alliance forward. They are waiting for your acceptance"

Shashi wondered seeing him coming to the point straight, not beating around the bush.

"What about you? Do you like Khushi?"

Arnav smiled.

"I don't know how to take this question, uncle. I'm here to meet Khushi's father only because I like her"

"I do not doubt that but, more than liking her, I think understanding her is important," Shashi said.

"I didn't get you" Arnav tilted his head slightly.

"An unexpected incident happened in Khushi's life that changed her life upside down. The big tragedy is, that the story she told is unbelievable. At the same time, it can't be avoided because it's about Khushi's feelings. I won't wonder if you don't believe the story. No one could believe it until they experienced it. But, until you believe it, I don't think you guys can make a good pair"

"I trust her..."

"How? How did you believe the sensitive story? Do you believe in the REBIRTH concept?"

"Not at all... You are right, I didn't believe it at first. You are right, without trust, no one can make a good pair. So, I found a reason to trust her"

Shashi and Garima spared a glance.

"I didn't get you"

"I went to Hyderabad..."

"For?"

"To meet people related to our story"

Shashi and Garima were dumbfounded.