My hero

Dedicated to Gnome96
Officer Levi holds his small stop sign out and blows his whistle to halt some oncoming traffic, waving the next batch of cars to go on their merry way, wether right or left. He didn't care, as long as no one hit him. He glanced for a moment to his watch. It was almost 3:15, when the children from the nearby charter school were going to be dismissed soon. He had the usual mix of kids walk down the sidewalk right on cue, the same time they did every day. He sent the next array of cars away. When he saw them slowly approaching the end of the sidewalk, they waved and he stopped everything. They merrily walk across the street without a care, mentally thanking the nice officer who helped them cross like every day. He thinks back to his childhood days and sighs. Game boys and chores. Ah, the good ol' days. He looked past a pair of tall girls for a certain little boy anxiously. He didn't see the point of it, but he went against his better judgement and kept an eye out for him. This special child was Eren Jäeger, a 2nd grader from the school. He also happend to be his colleague's little brother. Mikasa was an officer who worked opposite shifts than him, and she needed someone to keep an eye on the rambunctious youngster.
"See you later!" He said happily as he ran to join the rest of his comrades. He kept doing his job, despite the wanted distraction. His shift ended at four, so he decided to get there as quick as possible today.

When his shift finally ended at 4, Levi wasted no time. He was still in his uniform, but left his belt in his squad car. As soon as he walked through the door, a toddler was attached possessively to his lower pant leg.
"Ravioli, Ravioli, let's go catch some bad guys! Bang bang!" He says, he runs around the room shooting imaginary criminals with his gun that doubles as his small hand. Mikasa chuckles at his imaginative antics.
"Well, I'm off. Call me if you need anything" She states as she walks out the door, locking it on the way out. He runs toward the taller male, and he scoops him up. He twists him over, and blows raspberries on his stomach. Eren giggles and squirms in protest.
"How was school today brat?" He asks. It was always fun to hear children's unique answers to everything.
"It was fun! We made pictures of our dad's for daddy's day!" He exclaims as he walks over to his knapsack. Levi frowned. He couldn't get why he was so excited. He didn't even have a father to give it to. His father died of a drug overdose, while his mother died in childbirth.
'Carla was such a nice lady' He thinks back to some of the benefits he had seen her attending with Mikasa. He trots over to the kneeling man, holding up his masterpiece close to his face. He points out who the crudely drawn stick figures are supposed to be with his chubby hands.
"There's me, sissy, and then there is you!" He says. Levi wrinkles his forehead.
"What do you mean that's mean, bud?" He smiles politely.
"You are like my daddy! You have a nice smile and brown eyes, and you're both my hero!" He exclaims innocently. Levi tries to hold back tears.
"I want to catch the bad guys and make the world a really fun place with you, Levi!!" He grins as he shoots another bad guy over the man's shoulder. He puts his uniformal hat on his small head as he walks the the kitchen cupboards.
"So, what do you want to eat, shorty?" He sits at the table with a police car toy and drives it around the table.
"I want whatever hero's eat!"
~~~Fin~~~