The Letter arrived

The midsummer sun bathed the quaint cottage in a golden glow, casting a warm light on the overgrown garden where vibrant magical flowers bloomed in hues unseen in the Muggle world.

Inside, the air was tinged with anticipation as Willow moved about the small kitchen, her heart aflutter with an unspoken excitement. It was a seemingly ordinary evening when an owl, majestic in its dark feathers, delivered an old parchment envelope to her hands. 

The Hogwarts seal gleamed in the fading sunlight, and excitement bubbled within her as she read the letter that held the key to a magical world she had been dreaming of going to since she could remember.

Willow lived with her adoptive guardian, Deirdre Blackwood, after the tragic death of her parents. Her Aunt Deirdre worked at the Ministry of Magic. Her other Aunt, Sarah Walker, a squib, had married a Muggle, Christian Walker, and lived in London with her husband and three children.

Willow attended a Muggle School with her cousins for the past four years at Aunt Sarah's insistence.

When she was seven years old, her aunts sat her down and told her the news. Aunt Sarah had already bought her a uniform.

"Willow, dear, It's crucial for you to understand both the magical and Muggle worlds. The Knowledge you gain shall serve you well one day," Aunt Sarah explained, her eyes reflecting a blend of concern and wisdom.

As Willow discovered that most wizarding children did not have formal education before Hogwarts, she was surprised why her case was different.

She processed this information and asked, "But why must I go to a Muggle school, Aunt Deirdre? Can't I just learn magic at home?"

Aunt Deirdre had explained, "It's about understanding both worlds, Willow. You need to be well-versed in Muggle knowledge as well."

Willow had protested," But Aunt Deirdre, why waste time learning Muggle math and science? I may never use them!"

Aunt Sarah motioned for Willow to sit down, "Willow, let me share something with you. The Knowledge of the Muggle world is not just about practical application. It's about building bridges between the magical and non-magical realms."

Crossing her arms, Willow asked, "But why? I'm a witch, not a Muggle."

Aunt Sarah replied softly in her reasonable tone," One day, this Knowledge might become invaluable to you. Imagine your future job requiring you to visit the Muggle world often, or consider the fact that half your family is Muggle. Understanding this world, my world, will help you connect with Muggles on a deeper level."

Willow was still hesitant. "I still don't see why it's necessary" she had whispered to herself.

Aunt Sarah smiled now," Willow, the magical and Muggle worlds are more intertwined than you think. Your ability to navigate both will broaden your horizons and strengthen your magic skills. Besides, Knowledge is never wasted, and you never know when a bit of Muggle maths or science might be helpful."