Chapter 1 - Peace

Beginne am Anfang

"Now eat your cereal... Verne will be here to take you to school." Gianna said kissing the top of her sons head, as she moved around this state of the art kitchen. Nathan lived well, his home was his sanctuary so it was lavish.

She saw a call come up on her cell it was Goldee. "Hey girl..." she said as Gianna picked up. "Are you still good for dinner tonight and drinks?.."

"Yes

"Yes..Nathan will be home around 7.45 so I will come and meet you there.. You booked the table for 8 right?."

"Yep... and Rhonda will be meeting me there at 7... how is that boy of yours.."

Gianna put her cell on speaker. "Say hi to your auntie Goldee.."

"Hi auntie.." he said and continued ploughing his cereal into his mouth.

"Hey baby... be good for yo mama.. you hear me..."

"Yes auntie." He said with a mouthful of food.

Gianna picked her cell back up. "I'll see you tonight.. I can't wait to see you both.." she said and the call ended.

———-

Nathan sat at his desk in his office flicking through paper work and writing up his speech with his PR officer. He looked at the picture in the frame of Gianna and Qian his ready made family.
"What time is this interview!." He asked.

"2.30... but it won't be live it will be broadcast around 5pm.." Georgie his PR officer said.

"And how about the stocks and shares today?.."

"Up 2.5 percent on yesterday.. it's been a steady climb over the past month." She told him.

"Good as long as I go out there with a positive story, then that's all that matters..." he nodded to her to leave his office and as she left he called Gianna. He smiled as she picked up. "Hello gorgeous..."

"Umm... shouldn't you be concentrating on an interview?" She said to him with a smile in her voice.

"I'm doing that... but I can't stop thinking about you.. and I had to hear your voice again..."

" baby, I forgot to say earlier that I'm going out with the girls you do remember right... They've booked a table for dinner at Blancos.

"I do remember, I'm on daddy duty it's all good..." he said to her. "You go and handle what you need to do to stay beautiful and I will handle the press here.." he added. "Gianna...

"What?."

"I love you..."

"I love you too.." she replied and the call ended.

———-

Gianna rushed to the door with Qian, making sure he had everything that he needed and his bag was on his back. "Morning Verne...

 "Morning Verne

"Good morning... are you ready Qian?." She asked and he didn't need telling twice he ran out to the car to join his friends.

"I'm having drinks with friends tonight if you fancy it Verne...

"I need to let you know Robert is working late again" she went quiet. "He's probably working on his receptionist again.."

"Ah no he's not doing it again, I thought he got over all of that didn't he declare his undying love for you and promise you that he would never go there again?" She sighed. "Verne, men like that never change trust me, my ex was an asshole and he had women everywhere and expected me to suck it up and get on with it... you deserve better..."

"I signed a pre-nup.. if I walk away from him I get nothing!.. and right now I can't afford to have nothing, but I am slowly building a nest egg for myself and the boys so watch this space sista" she said and smiled as she headed down the drive to the car.

Gianna felt for her, 10 years of marriage to a man who couldn't keep it in his pants. She remembered how she was stuck in a back and forth with Jamie and looking at it now how he ruined her life because his own was so messed up. She took a deep breath and sighed, grabbing her kit bag ready to head to the gym.....