"Or should I just leave them here? He paid for it so maybe he'll want it back." It finally dawned on her that everything she's bought in the past couple of weeks was with his money. From the way she looked at it, none of this shit was actually hers.

And she's never been one to chase after money, nor take things that she didn't buy. "Okay so I'll just leave this shit here, he paid for it after all."

Now that she didn't have anything to pack, leaving would be a lot easier. All she really needed was her phone and the clothes on her back, everything else she could hopefully buy again when she gets back on her feet.

Zach wasn't inside the house at the time and that was probably for the best, she knew he would have thrown a fit if he found out what she was planning. Part of her honestly wished he was here to talk her out of it, but she wasn't even sure if he cared anymore.

The last time they had a full conversation was that day he got upset with her, and she vividly remembered him saying 'You can do you, I don't care anymore.'

So that's exactly what she was going to do.

━━━━━

Zachariah Chase
Miami, Florida
8/20/25

Taking a hit of his blunt, his mind automatically drifted to Malora. He wondered what she was doing right now and if she was okay..

He just had to get out of that house, it felt so weird now because Mal barely came out the room. And when she did she never spoke a word to him, didn't even look his way. He'd be lucky enough to get a side eye, at most.

So now he was sitting in his car hotboxing, something he would usually do with Malora..

He missed her smile, her random outbursts, and of course the way she had something to say every 5 seconds.

Zach felt horrible for the way he'd been treating her these past few days, but she needed to understand that everything wasn't a joke. However, he could admit that he probably did overreact just a bit with the yelling.

When he watched her run into the house with tears streaming down her face that night, the first thing he wanted to do was get on his knees and apologize over and over again until she forgave him.

But as soon as he built up the courage to do so, it was too late. She was already giving him the silent treatment and ignoring his existence. So of course him being the petty man he is, he matched energy.

One thing about Zach was he would never kiss somebody's ass, especially when he wasn't necessarily the one in the wrong.

He felt like Malora didn't understand how her words made him feel.. he was trying to do everything he could to help her out, so what she said was kind of like a slap in the face, joke or not.

"This why I gotta stop helpin' random people man," he shook his head while talking to himself.

None of this would've ever happened if he'd just left that girl alone.

Once he was finally done with his hotbox session, he decided it was time to go back inside. He didn't like to be out too late anyways, some shit was always going down and he wasn't in the mood to play superhero right now.