Chapter 6

**NICKI POV**

I returned home that night and Lance was sitting on the couch with a sleeping Joey on his lap as he watched TV.

"Hey" I said softly, not to wake Joey. I locked the door and sat next to them.

"Conferences right?" he asked.

"Yeah today tomorrow and Thursday." I exhaled. "I hate it."

"Yeah I know you do." he rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. "I love you. You're an amazing wife and wonderful mother."

"Thanks." I blushed and pecked his lips, "I couldn't have picked a better husband and father to my children."

"You know I would give you the world if I could." he stated.

"You are my world." I reiterated.

"I mean, I would have it so I worked more so you can stay home and rest. We'd have enough money to hire a maid so you wouldnt have to lift a finger. You'd be my queen and Joey my princess. You wouldnt have to leave the house unless you want to." He explained. "If only.."

"We cant live our lives constantly bothered by the past. Whats done is done. We have eachother and thats all that matters." I replied.

"Friday night we can go out. Someplace fancy, you can dress up and stuff." he offered.

"Really? Okay." I agreed.

"Lets go upstairs. I wanna put Joey to bed and lay with you. Gonna try to make this one a boy." he said patting my stomach.

We went upstairs and I was told to wait in our room while he tucked Joey in. I stared up at the news article and reread the heading.

"Hey" Lance entered climbing in bed next to me.

"Hey" I giggled turning to look at him.

He lifted my shirt and began to rub my baby bump.

"I think its amazing how something so tiny inside each of us join together inside of you and slowly grows until it comes out of you as a little human." he thought aloud. "You gonna get those girls you be talking about to babysit Joey?"

"I'm sure they'd love too. I'll mention it to them tomorrow if I get the chance." I replied.

"Yeah do that." He laid his head on my chest, and began to fall asleep with his hand on my stomach.

-------------

The next day I sat in my office with my hair out of my face for the first time in a while. My bruise was 98% healed and my scar nearly gone as well.

I picked up the school phone and dialed Aidah and Melissa's Spanish class.

"Hello, room 212 student speaking." the receiver answered.

"Hi can I speak to Ms. David..-son?" I asked, stuttering because I forgot what her name was.

"Okay."

I listened to the student's muffled voice then the teacher picked up the phone.

"Hey Ana its Nicki I was hoping I could borrow Aidah and Melissa for a few moments." I said.

"Ugh.. Fine but they are responsible for the missed notes." She groaned.

She hung up. I sat the phone down and waited patiently until I heard them knock softly on the door.

"Come in."

They walked in and smiled.

"Hey!" Aidah hugged me.

"Hey!" Melissa did the same thing.

They both stopped and stared at my face.

"Hi" I said to break the silence. "So umm.. Are either of you available Friday night?"

"I am." Aidah volunteered.

"I probably should be." Melissa said.

"How come? Whats Friday?" Aidah asked.

"Lance and I are going out and I was wondering if you two wanted to babysit Joey for us." I explained.

"Yessss!!" They both exclaimed.

"I love Joeyyyy" Aidah clapped.

I chuckled a bit at their excitement.

"Thanks girls." I extended my arms and we all hugged.