𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

           LEANING OVER THE BAR, sipping some lemonade to avoid consuming anything stronger at 11 in the morning, was Lucas Sinclair, watching the club go about its normal business. He stirred the liquid by turning the glass in circles, absently.

He woke up in the middle of the morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so he went out to get some air and took the opportunity to pick some daisies and lavender that were growing casually at the beginning of the woods across the parking lot from where he'd been with Max a few nights earlier.

The memory of that night made him smile like a fool.

It felt good to be honest with her in various ways about his feelings, feelings that, he sensed from her body language, were reciprocal.

His loving thoughts were interrupted by Dustin, who approached him with a pat on the back, as was his custom.

"So, my friend, how is life?" Lucas turned his smiling face to him, shook his hand, and replied that it couldn't be better.

They planned another game of D&D for that afternoon, talked about last night's NBA game, and Dustin told him the news about his girlfriend Suzie from Utah, whom Lucas had met at the party last night.

After a short animated conversation, he said goodbye to Sinclair and wished him a good rest of the day. Damn, the guy really had a brilliant soul.

He let out an audible sigh. It was good to feel like an ordinary person for a few days, without any problems...

Returning to his thoughts, he almost choked on his lemonade when he heard his name mentioned by a journalist on television. He raised his head in disbelief to look at the screen.

"Breaking news. The car believed to have been used by the most wanted criminal couple in the country today has been found. The red Ford Cortina was found abandoned in a parking lot in the state of Nevada with broken windows, bullet holes in the back and a flat tire.

The famous criminal couple has terrorized the western region of the country and is known for committing several armed robberies of convenience stores, gas stations and carjackings, causing several injuries along the way. So far, there have been no fatalities, but several victims have been hospitalized in serious condition with gunshot wounds. Several witnesses have given statements to the police.

The true identities of the criminals have not yet been confirmed, but one of the suspects is Lucas Sinclair, a 21-year-old man who escaped from the Texas State Penitentiary in the early hours of March 7th with a woman whose identity is still uncertain, but who is believed to be Max Mayfield, a local Dallas resident who worked at a local bar and was reported missing the day this individual escaped from prison, and who matches the physical characteristics described. Locals claim to have seen these two individuals together before.

We will have more news soon. Stay tuned."

He didn't even blink. All Lucas wanted to do was hide his head in the sand. Go underground and never come out again. He tried to look around, but no one seemed shocked or interested in the news. They chatted and ate their appetizers quietly as usual.

He stood up and left the glass on the counter, trying to act normal. He took a deep breath to keep from panicking as he walked up the stairs to their room.

"Max?" He entered the room without knocking on the door, something the redhead immediately criticized. "We have a problem. We need to leave right now."

Lucas lay panting with his hands on his hips and Max had an question mark on her face, her hair and body still damp and wrapped in white towels.