● chapter 10. ○

En başından başla

Erin had no clue how someone like her could possibly be bullied. Seriously, it was already a mystery how the hell her and Jonah were related, twins, even.

"Melody's a bitch, story over," Jamie muttered dismissively, shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal.

"Can't you just punch her back?" Erin asked after he assured that Jamie's sudden appearance had absolutely nothing to do with him.

When Jamie's dark green eyes turned on him, Erin rethought that claim.

"I'm trying not to give my dad a heart attack, and, besides, I'm nearing the legal-trouble age," Jamie spoke lowly, and the subtle roll of her eyes suggested that she was displeased by that fact.

"You used to beat people's ass if they looked at Jonah the wrong way all the time a few years back. What happened to that?" Ezra asked, ignoring how Erin reached out to pinch him.

"Melody doesn't give a shit about Jonah. No use fixing something that isn't broken, y'know?" The ravenette said, running her fingers through the ends of her thick hair to loosen the tangles there.

They were quiet for a few seconds, before Ezra spoke again.

"If you beat her up, couldn't you just plead self-defense?" Ezra kept his eyes on Jamie, awaiting her next words. She sighed.

"Not if I kill her."

"What?"

"Hm?"

♡♥︎♡

Y/n sat, a bit stunned, as the blonde girl shook his shoulders and spewed out sincere apologies like her life depended on it.

"Honestly, Y/n, it was such a piece of shit thing to do. Please forgive me and Ezra. We were hardly thinking. You know how it is, right? I mean of course you don't. N-Not saying you're a virgin, or something! Just, uh, you'd never be that reckless and irresponsible! And I really hope you're okay, with the whole murderer thing. I mean, obviously you're not okay! I'm just..." Teagan grasped for straws, and Y/n's head spun. She spoke fast, and Y/n, in all honesty, had not made sense of or registered any of that. Her southern accent, albeit light, did not make it any easier to hear.

"Okay," He said slowly, uncertainly.

Hannah reached over the cafeteria table to pat her on the shoulder.

"Hey, Tea, for fuck's sake, calm down. He didn't hear a word you just said," Hannah spoke, her eyebrows raised. She kicked Towa's shin under the table when he started to lose the battle to not laughing.

Teagan looked at her for a second, took a deep breath, then turned back to Y/n, who was hopelessly confused. Her hands became more firm around his tense shoulders and her next words were gentler.

"I apologize for not being there for you this morning, hon'. Me and Ezra will make sure to talk about being more considerate. We're not as close as you and some of the others, but we're here for you, and we will be here for you as long as we can be, m'kay?" Teagan spoke, and her tone nearly put Y/n to sleep. In a good way, of course.

"Uh- uhm, I forgive you, and, uh, thank you..?" Y/n murmured, unsure of what reaction that small, heartfelt speech called for. Teagan seemed happy, though.

Now it seemed as if Hannah was losing the battle to not laughing, as well, with a hand over her mouth.

"Holy shit, that was the corniest thing I've ever watched," Hannah spoke, muffled beneath her shaking hand. Towa had his head rested on the table, his arms over it as he tried not to cry from laughing too hard.

"You two are bitches. I thought it was nice," Wade mumbled, stabbing a fork through a peach slice and practically inhaling it.

"Of course you did. Of course you did." Hannah patted the brunet's back, receiving a glare from the latter.