(Travis POV) Chapter 10- Train Rides

The train whistled, and I sighed a long, deep sigh. Where could my parents move? They were jobless and had to care for 4 kids not including me Rosamund and the baby. They had good jobs in Freilburg, which was apparently no longer Freilburg anymore. So hopefully the extra money will keep all of us on our feet until me, and my parents can find jobs. Then I'll get an house... or even a apartment. How will we pay for things for the baby?

"Travis?"

"Yeah?"

"Drop it. We'll be fine, your straining yourself and it's affecting everyone." She snapped glairing at me.

"...Who's everyone?" What's with the bad mood?

"Me."

"I'm going to go get some air, want anything?" I said ignoring her crabby mood, must be late pregnancy.

"Soup."

"It's morning."

"I'm craving soup."

"What type of soup?"

"I don't care, just get me some god damned soup."

"Yes ma'am."

"Shut up-"

Before she could finish I was out the sliding door. I let out a small laugh, she would say sorry later, it was just pregnancy mood swings most likely. I go to the buffet in the cart next to ours and get two of those Styrofoam bowl things and fill it with chicken rice soup.

When I was walking back to our cart I heard a scream. I started running quicker, the soup splashing all over my arms. When I got back to the cart Rosamund was heaving, with tears running down her face. Her water must've broke if I remember child birth correctly. She was in labor, on a train, in the middle of nowhere, no doctors, just me. I completely drop the soup now and rush over to her. We have another three hours until we get off. She's started contractions now, this was moving awfully rapidly considering your in labor for a while before birth.

"I was already in labor when I snapped at you." She breathed out, barely audible."

"What?!?" I yelled.

"Thought this wouldn't happen until after we got off."

"I'm going to go get Alder, Terell and Calla." I said rushing out before she could reply. They came with us since there family was all dead and they had no where to go. Calla had her own room and Alder and Terrell were sharing one like me and Rosamund.

"Rosamunds is in labor." I sputtered out before running to Callas cart and saying the same thing.

Now we were all in me and Rosamunds cart, squished. Calla was soothing her and Me, Terell and Alder trying to make things as comfortable as possible in this little cart. Rosamund was now laying on the ground, on a sheet we found and leaning back on some pillows.

"It's coming!!!" She screeched.

"Ok Rosie you need to take deep breaths and push." Calla said grabbing her hand, me grabbing her other. She was holding on so tight her knuckles were white. Then she threw up all over herself and Calla.

"This is just the beginning." Alder mouthed to me looking down at Rosamund. She was now blacking out, trying to stay conscious.

"Hey we need your help." Calla said lightly slapping Rosamunds face.

"Ok now, I need you to take a deep breath and push." Terell said preparing for what came next. Rosamund screamed as she pushed. " One more!" He yelled as she pushed more and then put her head back, sweat dripping down her face. Then I heard a cry and tears came to my eyes.

"Terell go find a towel or something and let me see the baby." Calla said as she held the infant in her arm. Rosamund was passed out and still heaving, exhausted. "It's a girl!" she said, as Terell came back with a towel and Calla wiped her off.

"Travis, you should be the cut the umbilical cord." Ardel said handing me some scissors as Calla handed her to me. I held her in my arms cooing to her as she slowly started to calm down, then I cut it.

We heard Rosamund stir so Calla woke her up and took the baby from me and handed it to her.

"It's a girl!" Rosamund cried in happiness.

"What are you two going to name her?" Alder asked.

"I think we should all think of something." I said.

"Heidi?" Terell asked, we all nodded.

"Allison?" Calla asked, we all nodded again.

"Abby?" Alder asked, we all once again nodded.

"Aalina?" I asked, and all ears perked up.

"I like it." Rosamund said smiling."

"Aalina Rose." Calla smiled "After her strong, independent mother."

"I like it." I said.

"Me too." Terell said

"Also me." Alder said.

"Aalina Rose Petersen." Rosamund said looking at Aalina and grinning.

"Petersen?!" We all said in union.

"I don't want to be as stupid as my parents were and have Aalina Rose Rosenthal, and I kinda like the catch of Rosamund Petersen, so why not?" Rosamund said looking at us innocently

" But you two aren't married." Calla said.

"Well lets?" I said it more as a question than an answer.

"Lets." Rosamunds eyes sparkled."

*********************

THIS CHAPTER IS A HOT MESS. SORRY FOR ANY PUNCTUATION PROBS OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT. I'LL EDIT THIS BOOK AND THE SECOND LATER. BUT ANYWAYS THE VIEWS ARE DOING AMAZEBALLS AND I CANT THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH FOR THAT. BUT ANYWAYS, I CRAMMED THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH. I WAS EVEN CONSIDERING CALLA GOING INTO LABOR BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THAT.

Like. Comment. Follow. please :P

xoxox- Rachel

A World Awayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें