🪐|twenty-nine

As you scanned the austere commissary cell with your eyes, your heart pounded in your chest

As you scanned the austere commissary cell with your eyes, your heart pounded in your chest. The cold and clinical surroundings added to the tension that threatened to tear you apart.

Fear, uncertainty, and regret weighed heavy on your mind, leaving no space for reason or logic. Your world was on the brink of collapse, with your career, freedom, and future hanging in the balance. The thought of losing it all made your knees tremble and your stomach churn with nausea. You didn't know what would come next, only the knowledge that your life as you knew it was potentially about to be turned upside down.

As you grappled with the enormity of your mistake, the weight of its consequences settled upon your shoulders like a crushing burden. Fear and regret filled you, leaving you with nothing but a sense of dread and despair. The harsh realization struck you like a blow to the stomach, leaving you breathless and shaken to your core. The prime minister's power, wealth, and influence hung over you like a dark cloud of uncertainty, threatening to consume you whole. The realization that you may be facing years behind bars and the loss of everything you held dear was like a waking nightmare, leaving you with no hope for the future.

You longed for the safety and security of Ran's proposition, but it was too late. The future was looking darker by the minute, and there was nothing you could do to change it.

As you sat in the cold and sterile cell, boredom soon gave way to reflections on your current predicament. The thought of spending even a moment more in this desolate place filled you with a sense of desperation and despair. The reason for your incarceration remained a mystery, and the uncertainty of your situation felt intolerable.

As you ruminated on the mysterious necklace, the questions kept piling up, with no answers within reach. Did someone deliberately plant it in your bag? Was it all part of a bigger scheme to incriminate you? As the possibilities and implications whirled through your mind, the crushing regret of your situation became all too apparent. You never imagined your life turning out this way, and the fear and frustration were almost too much to bear.

You couldn't shake the nagging feeling that it was the Haitani, but Bonten had interest in you. He may love Crystal, but he was too clever to jeopardize his gang's interests. Despite your certainty, you couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to this than met the eye.

Sarah, your ex's fiancée, had access to the nursery room. She had always had it in for you and wasn't shy about voicing her disgust for your existence. The possibility that she was responsible for the necklace being planted in your bag was all too real.

You cursed your own foolishness and how your emotions had once again gotten the best of you. All the unanswered questions raced through your mind like a swarm of angry bees. Has Sarah met Crystal before? How did she manage to slip the necklace into your bag? And most importantly, why would she go to the trouble of setting you up like this? You clung to the hope of some rational explanation for this injustice as you sat alone in the cell, the uncertainty gnawing at you like a never-ending hunger.

Your heart sank as you heard the cop's rough, commanding voice. "Get up," he said. "You will leave."

Leave? You frowned, trying to make sense of his words. Were they planning to send you to prison that easily? Perhaps you could act crazy, and they would send you to an asylum instead. It couldn't be worse than spending an eternity in a cold, bleak cell, could it? As the cop unshackled your wrists, releasing your hands.

As you are escorted through the gray halls, you notice a familiar face that you hadn't expected to see. The shock of the moment caught you off guard and your heart raced in your chest. Despite the gravity of your situation, you can't help but feel a sense of relief at the sight of his face.

"Takeomi?" you ask, confused and unsure of what the situation holds.

"Causing trouble, I see?" he asks with a smirk spreading across his face, and a burning cigarette dangles from the corner of his mouth.

Before you can even let your mind think of anything, Takeomi takes your arm and pulls you outside the commissariat. Without looking back, he drags you through the busy streets of Tokyo.

"What is going on?" you ask, out of breath, as if you had just run a marathon. The icy wind slaps you in the face like a cold bucket of the water, but you try to keep your mind focused on the conversation at hand.

Takeomi chuckles as he responds. "I spoke with Crystal, and by speaking, I mean threatening her that she would never see Rindou again," he explains. "And about your job, you will start on Monday. I made that brat do everything possible to get you back, which was a pain, let me tell you. Hitting her in front of everyone was not the most strategic move, but slapping a Bonten member was quite gutsy of you. I'm impressed."

The wind whips your hair around, and you take a deep breath, trying to process everything that Takeomi has told you. "So, I'm free?" you ask hesitantly.

"Free as a bird," Takeomi replies, his eyes fixed on yours.

He then looks away, you were stunned, the words were on the tip of your tongue but you couldn't speak, because of your shock.

As you walk down the busy streets of Tokyo, the wind feels cold against your bare skin.  A million thoughts run through your head, as you try to make sense of everything that has happened. One thing is for sure - Takeomi was being very generous to you. Perhaps too generous.

You can't help but think that he must have a hidden agenda.  After all, you don't know much about him, and he's related probably to Bonten, a criminal organization. So why would he help a moody, dramatic woman in her 20s? You're not stupid, and you know that you owe him something in return.

"Takeomi, tell me..." you pause for a moment,

"Will you pay me in cash or credit?"

-

THANKS FOR 30k WE LITERALLY WENT FROM 20k TO 30K IN ONE SINGLE WEEK💋💋💋