Chapter 13

INK

FOUR MONTHS LATER

Leaning on the door frame, I watched her calculate the monthly income for the bar. She looks so damn gorgeous with the hard look she was giving the numbers on the page she was looking at.

Lyla was working, and I was supposed to be working on a new design for a new bike, but my mind kept wandering over to my old lady, who had been in here for the last few days going over the books.

I know it wasn't looking good with what she has been doing. There have been a few changes over the last two months since it came to this place since Lyla noticed it wasn't making a profit.

When she told me, she showed me we needed to get out of the red and even told Aero he had to make sure all tabs were closed and paid for. Everyone was on board, and my princess had been working her ass off to help the club. The bar was the only thing everyone knew we held together with four other businesses in town, so it had to be done.

"Stop looking at me," Lyla blurted, pulling me from my thoughts. My eyes lingered on her, but a grin appeared. "I can't help it," I said, pushing off the door frame and walking over to her. I stepped behind her chair and placed my hands on her shoulders. I massaged her, which made her moan. "That's good," she murmured. I leaned forward and kissed her head.

Pulling back, I carried on massaging her shoulders until she dropped her pen.

"You should stop," I muttered. "You have been working too hard, and if I'm not mistaken, you have done it all and even helped us get back on track. You don't need to be here anymore until next month."

Lyla said nothing, which made me stop.

Something was up with her. She has been acting weird for the last few days. I looked over her shoulder and realized she wasn't working on the books. She was doing something else.

"What are you doing?" I asked, letting my arms drop to my side. Lyla moved and turned around to look at me. Her eyes searched mine, and she let out a sigh. "I wanted to tell you," she said. "I want to study more accounting."

My eyes widened.

"Study," I asked, smiling at her. "Why? But more importantly, why didn't you tell me?"

Lyla stared at me and frowned. "I would have," she said, moving her head to the side. "I didn't know how you would take it. I want to do it so I can help the other businesses around here that the club owns. I know what to do, but I want a qualification so that someone wouldn't be funny."

I moved and knelt to her level and carried on smiling. "Lyla," I said, placing my hand in hers. "You can do anything you want, and most importantly, I will hurt anyone who tells you otherwise."

Lyla smiled.

"Thank you," she said with a smile but looked toward the door and back at me. "There is something else I need to tell you, but I don't want you to freak out."

My stomach dropped, but I kept a level head and waited for her to continue. I watched Lyla for a moment until she moved, went into her bag beside us, and pulled something out. She held it out to me, and my mouth dropped.

Staring at the thing in her hand, Lyla spoke. "I'm pregnant," she whispered, making me look up at her. Her eyes searched mine, but the grin I wore before came back wider than ever. "We're having a baby," I whispered, making her nod.

Moving toward and capturing her lips with mine, I pull back and smile. "Fuck, princess," I said. "I'm going to be a father."

Lyla stared at me with wide eyes. "You're not mad," she whispered. "You—"

A low growl rippled through me, and I cupped her face. "I'm not mad," I said. "I'm going to be a father, and you are going to be my child's mother."

Lyla stared at me but gave me a small smile. I wasn't finished. Keeping my hands in hers, I let out a breath. "All I ask is that you make me an honorable man and become my wife," I asked, making Lyla's mouth open.

"Ink," she whispered. "Isn't it too soon? I mean, we've only been together for four months."

I let out a laugh. "Princess," I said, cupping her chin to make her look at me. "I have been praying to have you for the last two years, and now I have. There is no way in hell I am letting you go."

Lyla stared at me but said nothing. Knowing what she was like, I let out a sigh. "We don't have to get married straight away," I said, making her eyebrows arch. "You can wear a ring. You can even get your degree and have the baby born first, but promise me you will be mine forever, and I get to call you my wife when you are ready."

Lyla stared at me but moved closer and placed her hands on my face. "That sounds like something I can handle," she said, peaking my lips. I grin. "I love you," she murmured, which only made me smile more.

"I love you too," I said, kissing her again.

My heart is racing, and this is the happiest I ever felt in a long time.