ch 2

Ruby came out the room but still after cleaning her tears her ruby eyes were still shedding tears .
Why why why always her she always had it all and my only love was you duke my heart was yours but you gave it to her why why ? .
Ruby said while cleaning her teary face with a whisper .
No even if I had promised to let you go it still hurts the pain in my heart is still there . How can i let you go duke when i only had you . You were the one brought me out of darkness. How can i give up my love . I know you hate me because of my skin colour you hate me because of my fat body but why you hate me as a person why if only i was her if only i was fair and slim like her if only i was talented like her i only i had white ivory skin like her maybe i would had your love duke . Ruby said crying to herself trying to clean her face but still more tears were coming and after  some time she was able to wipe her tears .
She started to walk towards the ball only to find more pain which was seeing her only love duke dancing with love of his life vivan.
' now i see how you are holding her hands in your strong hands like she is the most fragile thing in the world and how your dark black  eyes are shining with love towards her green eyes . How her gentle hands are going through your black hair and how you are laughing while looking at her like she is the only thing in the world who is precious more than a diamond and how she looks so small infront of your tall bulky body but still she looks  the perfect wife of yours and you both look like a perfect couple' . Ruby thought of herself while looking at them.

' whereas i - i ' before she could say anything she was yanked by a tall old man with rage in his eyes towards her like he wants to kill her then and there but can't do that .
'Pa- p'
Shut up don't you ever dare to call me that you ugly bastard .
And why are you looking at them with tears in your eyes like that oh are you jealous that Duke doesn't love an ugly bitch like you but loves vivan who is pride of the family hmmm .  Marquis said with a smirk on his face
But still added
Why you want to kill vivan like you killed your mother.
I will kill you if ever dare to come near my daughter vivan you bad omen of the family .
And let me tell you that no man will ever want you in his life because you are ugly and a bad omen who can only bring misery in family.
Oh or did you thought you can marry the duke with colour of yours remember Duke will marry someone who has angel skin not devil skin bastard.   the marquis said with smirk but rage in his eyes.

While ruby listening to this can only do is cry more because she always thought  her love of life will marry her one day but no he does not even look at her and more than her old father who hates her for killing her mother in pain and it was said even her mother hated her when she saw her after her birth.
And she passed away like that and her father hated her for one more reason was her skin colour as her father had blonde hair and white skin with blue eyes her mother had black hair with white skin and green eyes .
But ruby had skin which was not white nor she had any similar physical features with any of her parents .
And when she was born people accused her mother of cheating due to which her mother committed suicide and her father blamed her mother first of cheating but later it was revealed that one of he marquis ancestor was brown in colour which actually passed to ruby and any other people in his family and till to this date he regrets his mistake and miss his  love his wife life but still consider ruby as a bad omen .

After listening to her father's words she decided to leave but the a sudden announcement was made which made ruby's blood rush cold which made her feel rage and anger but pain in her heart and her eyes became dilated after listening this.

' ladies and gentlemen as the duke of voldmot duchy i know i have to get marry sooner in life so someone can help me to manage my half hardships and as i was looking for someone to share those hardships and love together i have finally found someone.
Who can not only be there for me to share my hardships but also my love . So i would like to announce that i would be engaged with the daughter of marquis of selon the vivan selon who will become future duchess of the voldmot duchy and my other half so we both have decided to get engaged in next three months and in the end of the year we will get married '

After this announcement duke looked at vivan with a smile on his face and they both seemed happy.
' Hmmmm the duke will get marry to lady vivan i thought i had chance but still they look good '  one lady said
' Yep but doesn't lady vivan has a sister it said she is quite ugly and brown like a dirt ' one man said to another woman in the crowd.

Listening to the insults thrown at ruby and this announcement made her feel weak  her stomach wanted to puke everything out her stomach and she ran to the garden with tears in her eyes leaving her father alone who had wine in his glass and was smiling seeing his other daughter in pain like she deserved it.