𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Start from the beginning

I talked to Lili about Natalie last night, it was a very long talk. One that ended in me laughing because of Lili.

I look to the window and Lili sticks her head out, winks at me and blows a kiss before pulling away from the window making me laugh.

"Lili!" Victoria gives out to Lili as the window goes up, I glance up to Natalie again just as she shuts the front door, she's walking down the drive without Dorothea now.

"Oh." I let out, Arabella rubs my shoulder.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Arabella speaks and I nod as she walks to the car, she looks to Natalie nodding too. Natalie nods back before stepping closer taking my bags from my hands without a word...

I look at her confused but she doesn't speak, she turns around walking back to the house, I follow quickly glancing back to the car waving before they pull away.

I walk behind her up the drive, wanting to take her hand but I keep mine at my side while I look at the back of her.

I follow her up the steps to the house and she opens the door despite holding two bags. She's in her pyjamas, red silky long sleeved ones.

She holds the door open for me as she kicks off her shoes. She shuts it again, the house silent, not even the Tv from the living room is playing. She sets the bags down on the floor as she turns to me.

She looks at me, her eyes are bright but also dull, she looks like she hasn't slept explaining that dullness in her eyes. The things I would do to go upstairs and cuddle until we both fell asleep..

I go to speak but close my mouth, I just search her eyes while my heart beats quickly and my mind goes blank of the words I wanted to say. I don't know what this is-I'm scared-nervous.

I feel slightly imprisoned in this eye contact with her even though that's probably the cause of my racing heart.

"Did you...see Benji?" She clears her throat, questioning even though she knows the answer already, her voice is oddly dry. The eye contact doesn't break, I can hold her eye contact but I have a feeling we're both struggling with it now while also feeling like we can't look away.

"Yeah...Did you have a good day at work?" I ask, the house still feeling too quiet. She's not acting mad, walking away or ignoring me...Good sign unless this is her waiting for the perfect moment to murder me. Now would be a good time..

"Hm." She nods and I suck in a breath trying to breath straight because of this...tension. It makes me feel stuck in place, stuck looking at her even though my eyes burn because I forget to blink for a couple of seconds. The intimidation from Natalie's eye contact never goes away. It's worse when we're arguing.

Her mouth opens slightly making my eyes flit to them, her lips are perfect, a rosy pink colour and perfect shape. She licks her bottom lip a little before chewing at it. I want to kiss them.

My eyes meet hers again as I force myself out of gazing at her lips. Her pupils are bigger, I search her eyes quicker, my heart is still racing but I'm not scared. I don't feel so nervous either maybe, it's just awkward. I'm good with awkward-I make most things awkward so I should probably do something.

She walks towards me and I look up to her while my heart picks up it's pace even more, I don't move my head I just look through my eyelashes while every part of my body begs to move forwards to her. At this moment I feel as if I'm being sucked into a tornado like those ones in the cartoons. I could fight it or let myself be sucked in even though it may not be so good for either of us.
We can't.
We shouldn't..
Maybe she's not even thinking the same thing as me..

She stops herself right in front of me. She swallows while looking at me, now searching my eyes.

Her hand slips beneath my chin, lifting for me to look at her properly. Her hands are cold. I want her to slip her hands beneath my hoodie like she usually does in bed when I complain about her being cold, I always freak out but it allows her hands to warm up while the backs of her fingers trail along my skin giving oxygen to the butterflies in my stomach.