Their words were pretty low and the others couldn't hear them clearly.

Chu Ming Chen pricked up his hears and only heard "misunderstanding", "cousin" and "brat playing around in the mud". His face immediately flushed.
Everyone had dumb moments as a kid. Why did this Liu Shu Yi like picking on his shortcomings!

He coughed a few times and did his best to put on a stern expression: "Cousin, this friend of yours is?"

Hearing him call her cousin, Liu Shu Yi looked at him as though startled. Seeing Chu Ming Chen's earnest appearance, she couldn't help but recall some amusing things in the past and start laughing.
"Little cousin, you don't recognize her?"

Chu Ming Chen glanced at Yan Yan and the roots of his ears turned red. He shook his head.

Liu Shu Yi laughed even more evilly. "Remember the big sis Ah Yan that beat you up back then?"

Chu Ming Chen's thoughts turned rapidly and finally stopped on a certain scene.

He faintly recalled when he was an insensible child, he loved digging around in the mud. After getting dirt all over his hands, he would rub it onto his cousin's dress and laugh happily.

Once, he was up to his same old mischief when he mistook the person, dirtying a beautiful little girl's dress instead. This girl wasn't like his cousin at all. When his cousin's dress got dirtied, she would only cry and tattle. This girl pressed him on the ground without a word and gave him a beating. Her little fists were rather powerful, making him cry for his mom and dad.

That was Chu Ming Chen's first time beaing hit by someone in his life. The memory was fresh in his mind. What made it even more unbearable was that ever since then, Liu Shu Yi had also learned this technique after seeing him getting beaten to tears.
He remembered Liu Shu Yi calling that little girl Ah Yan.

Chu Ming Chen suddenly felt the heavens turning upside down. Before he could react, he had instinctively turned his horse around and galloped off.

There was no evidence of shoddy horsemanship this time. He galloped away very swiftly.
"Hahaha, he's still scared of you...hahaha...."

The round-faced teen on the side looked awkwardly at Yan Yan and said to Liu Shu Yi: "That, big sis Shu Yi, we'll head off first."

After speaking, the few of them vanished like smoke.
A long while later, Yan Yan finally said impatiently: "Enough, they were all laughed off by you."

"I really couldn't hold it in. You don't know how undisciplined that spoiled brat is normally. I've never seen him so scared of anyone like this."

"You're exaggerating too much!"

"Really, I'm not lying. He probably doesn't look like that even when faced with my uncle."

Yan Yan shook her head helplessly. She lightly moved the whip in her hand and lassoed the reins of Yan Mo's horse over. She then headed back to the campsite with Black Jade. Liu Shu Yi hurriedly followed after.
.......

More and more people arrived at the campsite.

There were four of these areas around Mt. Meng that surrounded the central campsite of the royal family. The closer to the middle, the higher the status. Those on the outskirts were all low-ranked military officers or officials and their families.

The Weiyuan Marquis Estate's tents were relatively close to the middle. It wasn't too far but it also wasn't too close. Those around them were mostly major families of similar status.

More and more misses could be seen wandering the campsite in groups of three or five. They were mostly wearing riding outfits and met up to go play in the area. The proper ladies of the capital rarely left their doors. Only in a place like this could they relax their etiquette.