"SO THEN, Can you please do your part in this? I don't want to lose you too," I exhaled out... letting her arm go....

Haerin sniffled a bit and grabbed her arm. It looked like maybe I had hurt her a bit, but I was too overwhelmed with stress to baby her.

"I'm sorry I yelled and I'm sorry I hurt you, but you and I are a team now. We don't have grandma to help us anymore. If we want to stay together then we need to each do our part. My part is to go to work and take care of you. Your job is to be strong and go to school. Do you understand?" I sternly asked.

Haerin tried to get a hold of herself and nodded.

I sighed out of frustration and pulled her into a hug. "We can do this. Okay? We'll be okay. I won't let them take you," I kissed Haerin's forehead goodbye.

"Danielle will stop by soon. Just make sure to not open the door to anyone that isn't her!" I yelled as I walked out the front door.

- Haerin POV -

I had to spend my time waiting for Y/n. Well, I had to wait for Dani to get out of school and stop by too, but I was more concerned about Y/n coming back home.

All I could think about during the day was, "Why didn't Y/n take their own car?" Or "What if Y/n is just running away with that girl Minji?"

*DING, DONG*

Soon enough, Dani was at my door.

"Okay, I'm hungry so let's see what you got in the fridge!" Dani said as soon as she walked into the house.

It was a bit odd to have Danielle in the house, but this wasn't the first time she had come over. Dani used to come a lot more often when Grandma was around, but now that she was gone.... things were different....

I honestly just didn't want to choose between giving my attention to Y/n or Dani.

Dani only came around when Y/n was at school. So, I could just give her all of my attention but when Y/n was home... all I wanted was to cuddle and be in Y/n's arms. I just want to be comforted... and I didn't want Dani seeing me weak like that.

Dani was my best friend, but so was Y/n.

It was hard to choose between the two when they were in the same room.

- Danielle POV -

Haerin was acting a bit odd. She had been looking out the window all day. She hardly ate anything and it felt like she was hardly even paying attention to what I had to say.

Haerin just seemed to be in her own little world.

To be honest, I was very excited that Y/n had asked me to come spend time with Haerin... but oddly... it felt more like babysitting.

"Dani, how long do people usually have to work for?" Haerin suddenly asked.

"Huh?" I asked a bit confused.

"Y/n's been at work for a long time now," she tried to explain.

"Work? I thought Y/n went to school?" I asked a bit confused.

I knew that Y/n's grandma was gone, but I didn't think that Y/n would drop school to work. Specially because there was always this rumor around town that Y/n's grandma was super wealthy. I figured they'd be left a nice inheritance and still be able to go to school.

"Nuh Uh. Y/n has to work to take care of me now," Haerin informed me.

"I guess the rumors weren't true," I thought to myself.

"Hello, Hello!!" Y/n suddenly walked in the house, with an unknown girl right behind them.

"Is that Y/n's girlfriend?" I wondered to myself.

"Y/NNN!!" Haerin suddenly squealed and into Y/n's arms.

Y/n's quickly picked Haerin up in their arms and Haerin wrapped her legs around Y/n's waist.

"I'll let you two rest. See you tomorrow Haerin!" The mystery girl patted Haerin's head.

"Thank you for bringing my Y/n back!" It sounded like Haerin was sniffling.

"My Y/n?" I started to get a little jealous.

"Umm, I guess I better go too," I cleared my throat.

"Thank you much!" Y/n said to me, not letting Haerin go.

"See tomorrow," I lowly told Haerin.

"Wait!!" Haerin wiggled out of Y/n's embrace and ran over to hug me.

I sighed of relief when I realized Haerin wasn't choosing Y/n over me.

"Thank you for keeping me company," she whispered in my ear.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Team Minji or Hanni? OR Team Dani or Y/n? :3