𝟎𝟐: 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑

Start from the beginning

"Hoyul."

Suddenly , sirens started blaring through the speakers announcing that the voting time has ended. "I'm sure everyone voted for him!" Eun-ha giggled, pointing at the clueless hoyul who looked offended that she'd accuse him. "We know you did this." She added, putting her hand down and glaring with amusement at the boy.

"What are you talking about? Hoyul retorted, throwing his head but with a whine. "And why did all you guys vote me, why must you make it so boring?"

Hoyul, the one with most votes will be executed.

"Bye, bye!" yeon-woo coed, waving his hand at the boy teasingly.

However, everything took a sudden turn for the worse when Hoyul started grabbing his head, grunting and writhing in pain. The rest of the class was quick to brush it aside as a harmless prank, assuming that Hoyul was just putting on an act to add to the excitement of the game. But Haneul couldn't shake off a feeling of unease and suspicion that something was amiss.

"Stop being such an attention-seeker!" Eun-ha scoffed at Hoyul, While the others continued laughing. Haneul felt a strange sense of dread and tension wash over her.

"Hes begging for attention again.."

As Hoyul's groans and contortions continued, Haneul couldn't help but wonder, 'If we don't have any network, how did this game even begin?' As she gazed at the strange scene unfolding before her, she realized that her instincts were right. Something was terribly wrong.

As a feeling of foreboding washed over her, she watched in horror as Hoyul's pain reached its peak. To her horror, Haneul realized that Hoyul's suffering had not been a game at all, but a true emergency yet she still stood there, not knowing what to do.

Haneul watched as eun-cha approached him and scolded him for being a fool, but hoyul shoved his hand off him and continued to scream in pain. The boy began thrashing around, all while holding his head as he stumbled to the wall. The students finally took notice of how serious the situation was and the atmosphere had gotten tense, and thick. "Hey, yool whats wrong?"

Slowly, he halted his movement and looked up, making haneul flinch from his pure white eyes that's lost its colour. "What the hell..?" She mumbled, fear laced in her hoarse voice as she took a step back. Suddenly, he dropped onto the floor on all fours and began banging his head, causing screams of terror to be heard from the students who watched as he injured himself onto the hard floor.

Haneul could feel her nose wrinkling from the familiar scent of blood filling her nostrils , her heart pounding in fear , her lips quivering as flashbacks of her violent past of being harmed flooded into her head.

The smell was like metal; like iron in the back of your throat.

Haneul felt a mix of emotions, starting with shock and disbelief. She had never seen anything like this before, and she struggled to comprehend what was happening. It was unbelievable, watching one of her classmates injure themself to the point where they could die, right in front of her eyes.

As she processed what she was witnessing, she felt a deep sense of confusion and despair. The thought of losing a life in this way was heartbreaking, and she wished she could do something to help stop him, anything. She stared as hoyul repeatedly banged his forehead against the floor , leaving a pool of his own blood. Its scent accompanied by the shrieks of her classmates.

Haneul felt helpless, unsure of what to do or say. She just stood there in silence, watching the tragedy unfold in front of her. The whole situation was surreal, and she felt like she was in a dream. She wished she could wake up from the nightmare and make it all go away.

Yeon-woo, at least from her eyes, managed to stop the boy but quickly backed away in fear as hoyul stood as still as a statue, blood oozing from his wounds. The sight was absolutely gut-wrenching , Haneul wanted nothing more but to just disappear. Just as everyone thought he seemingly stopped, hoyul turned around and crashed his head a glass painting, screams filling in the hallway once again.

He stumbled up, before crashing into the painting on the opposite side, the sound of the glass shattering almost louder than the cries of fear. "Hey!" Jun-hee screamed as hoyul shakily stood up, standing in a lounged posture before sprinting across the hallway, making the students quickly jump out of his way.

Haneul shut her eyes when she heard the sound of glass shattering once again. She felt dread, fear and despair all mixed together in her heart as she slowly turned around and faced the once large window, now broken to peices. Upon realising hoyul had jumped through the window, Haneul stood up, taking a step down the hallway but before she could take another, her body dropped to the floor.

"Hoyul was a civilian."

Haneul heard the soothing melody of the lullaby through the speaker, and she felt her eyes start to drift closed. She tried to resist the drowsy feeling that was washing over her, but it was no use. She gave in to the sleepiness and let her body relax, her mind drifting away from the traumatic events that had just happened.

The Night Has Come.

__________________________________

Hello, this is a short chapter but i wanted to update as soon as i could so i wouldn't make my readers be borer of waiting and drop the book.

Since nobody really answered on my last chapter, would you rather have big chapters with long waits or short chapters with quick waits?

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed!