Ch. 2

Rest? What for?

His words sit at the top of his tongue.

It is hard concealing the fact that I struggle to realize at every glance he gives me. My stomach flips when I see him over me and running around base.

He makes it so hard to speak, I get choked up each time I try.

There's that sickening feeling in my chest again; one that I can't seem to get rid of.

Love? Fear? Nevermind, that was a mystery I didn't want to solve.

Satanick makes his way to stand next to Victor. He can't help but feel small next to him. The devil seems a bit startled himself to find Victor up so late, but it seemed normal to the man.

Victor finally looks up to the devil. He nods in excuse, and goes back to his studies.

"I will, soon."

The devil looks up at him, unamused by this.

"No, seriously, you need to rest."

Victor sighs. He gets up.

The devil takes his hand, leading him to his bed.

The man sits down and sighs in frustration.

Why is everything so.. Hard? Why couldn't everything just be more simple?

Feeling voided.

The devil stares at the human for a moment, observing the man as if he's thinking of something to say. Those eyes of his could kill – unfortunately, I can only imagine it.

The devil grins.

Who knew, someone could be so happy, when you're right by the person that made you, yourself.

"You have something on your mind?"

Satanick asked after what felt like an eternity.

Victor turns himself back to the window of the room, staring at the night sky, an illuminated void.

The stars seem to have faded for a moment. Turning the room hazy.

"No."

The devil takes out a chair and sits next to the bed.