2. Blast from the Past

𝑘𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑤𝑛𝑠¹⁸

"Wah we ago do bout Cahdejah?" I asked calmy before sitting down

As I sat, I looked up at the man infront of me wondering his next move.

I know it's not a good idea to question a man in his position, but at this point I feel like he's dragging this mission.

It's been 7 years and he still hasn't gone to see her.

Ever since the incident happened years ago, I was put incharge to make sure that nothing happens to her. And I believe that I've been doing a good job so far.

A very good job if I must say.

I always make sure that she's either at home or at school. It's easier to keep up with her that way.

I am the reason why she can't leave her house, mi mek sure her mother keep her inside.

It's safer, plus she have a friend name Kia and I know that girl woulda jeopardize all a this if I didn't.

But all of that still wasn't enough for the boss, so to take things further , I sarted going to University, just fi make sure seh she good a day time.

Might be drastic, but I have orders and I plan to go above and beyond to execute them.

I sit beside her in the classes that we have together, fi mek sure seh everything in check.

And for my own selfish reasons of course, to make sure nobody tries to talk to her.

EVER.

I even joined her study groups. I'm not a very active member in all of them.

Not because I don't want to, but because a the boss orders.

"Don't speak to her ever."

I found it hard to do at first, but as time progressed I started to understand his reasons.

It's for the best that she doesn't correspond with anyone from her past.

But I'm just still trying to figure out why she still doesn't recognize or notice that it's me.

Even though we don't speak, she sees my face daily, how could she not recognize me after all the time we spent together when we were younger?

I mean we were best friends, more than friends even.

"Did I change that much?" I questioned myself, getting deep in thought.

"Cahdejah good inno, as long as nobody nuh find out who she be and wah kinda things she did involve inna, nun cah go wrong. Just keep doing what you're doing." The boss said, bringing me back to the present.