vii. the devil and i

✷ Chapter Seven, The Devil And I▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CAPELLA AND REGULUS.

The soft glow of morning light crept into the Head Boy dormitory, revealing Regulus Black and Capella Lestrange tangled in the sheets. A gentle winter breeze whispered through the window, carrying the echoes of the enchanting night before. Regulus stirred, the warmth of the shared space and the remnants of dreams lingering on his face.

Capella shifted, her eyes fluttering open to meet the daylight. In that moment, the crystalline memory of their kiss painted a delicate smile on her lips. The chill in the room seemed to dissipate with the memories of a night that defied the boundaries they both meticulously crafted.

"Morning," Regulus mumbled, a hesitant smile playing on his lips as he looked at Capella.

Capella's walls immediately went up, a practiced defense mechanism honed through years of navigating the intricacies of her tumultuous life. "Let's not make a big deal out of it, Black. It was a moment. Nothing more."

Regulus, still half-draped in the sheets, sighed. "Capella, it was more than a moment for me. I've never felt... well, I've never felt like that before."

Her eyes flickered with a mixture of apprehension and defiance. "Don't expect me to suddenly open up and spill my soul to you. That's not how I operate."

Regulus, ever the awkward romantic, fumbled with words. "I'm not asking you to change, Capella. I just want you to know that I'm here, even if you decide to keep those walls up. We can figure this out, together."

Capella scoffed, her demeanor laced with attitude. "Oh, spare me the melodrama, Black. This doesn't mean you get free access to my life. You might be the Head Boy, but that doesn't grant you VIP entry to the complexities of being a Lestrange."

Regulus, undeterred, sat up, attempting to bridge the gap. "I'm not expecting you to lay your entire life out for me. I just thought... last night meant something."

A flicker of vulnerability crossed Capella's eyes, quickly replaced by her signature defiance. "Look, Black, life isn't a fairy tale. I've got responsibilities, family expectations, and a history that doesn't scream 'easy.' Don't mistake a moment of connection for unraveling my entire existence."

Regulus, grappling with his own inexperience in matters of the heart, responded awkwardly, "I'm not asking you to change, and I don't pretend to understand everything about your life. But I want to be a part of it, whatever that means."

Capella rolled her eyes, but there was a subtle softening in her expression. "Well, don't say I didn't warn you. Lestrange baggage isn't for the faint of heart."