iv. i don't obey

✷ Chapter Four, I Don't Obey▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

DUMBLEDORE WAS STUPIDLY CALM.

Capella, standing in Dumbledore's office, couldn't fathom the calm demeanor of the aging headmaster. A loyal member of the Opposition had been injured by a Death Eater's daughter – it should have been a cause for outrage, for stern reprimands. Yet, Dumbledore's measured tone only fueled her frustration.

"Listen, Miss Lestrange. I know things have been hard. Ever since your sister left, your grades have dropped off the charts," Dumbledore remarked, his curious intonation further stoking Capella's anger.

"Why in Circe's sake do you know of my family problems? Who are you to comment on my family?" Capella interrupted, her voice sharp with defiance. The boundaries between the personal and the academic blurred, leaving her grappling with the unsettling realization that even the venerable Dumbledore held knowledge of her familial struggles.

Dumbledore regarded Capella with a steady gaze, his piercing blue eyes reflecting a wisdom that transcended the mundane boundaries of a student's life. "Miss Lestrange," he began calmly, "as the headmaster of Hogwarts, I bear the responsibility of understanding the challenges that touch the lives of my students. Family troubles, especially those entwined with the fabric of wizarding society, inevitably find their way into the tapestry of our educational journey."

Capella felt a peculiar mix of defiance and begrudging acknowledgment. Dumbledore's words, though rational, were a stark reminder that within the hallowed walls of Hogwarts, the personal and the magical were inseparable, and her journey held a unique resonance in the intricate web of the wizarding world.

Dumbledore continued, "Your family, like many others, plays a significant role in the intricate dance of wizarding affairs. It is my duty to guide and support you through these complexities. However, your recent actions demand reflection and responsibility. The incident in the potions classroom cannot be dismissed lightly, and consequences will follow. Hogwarts is not just a school; it's a sanctuary for learning and growth. We must navigate its challenges with both academic vigor and personal integrity."

Capella, torn between frustration and a begrudging understanding, listened to Dumbledore's words. The weight of expectation hung heavy in the air, emphasizing that her actions had repercussions beyond her own tumultuous family saga.

Dumbledore, after a moment of thoughtful silence, revealed Capella's punishment. "Considering the severity of the incident, you will be placed on academic probation. Your participation in extracurricular activities will be suspended temporarily. Additionally, you'll attend regular counseling sessions to address the underlying issues affecting your academic performance and behavior. It is crucial to mend the fractures that have surfaced in the wake of your sister's departure."