i. stone by stone

✷ Chapter One, Stone By Stone ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CAPELLA LESTRANGE WAS SCARED.

Amidst the family, Capella found herself delicately balancing no between her father's stern mandates and Pandora's unyielding passion. The unfolding tableau resembled a poetic tale by a certain muggle author. William ShakyFruit, perhaps?

Pandora's voice, a serenade in the dark, and gloomy hallway. "Father, I love him. Purity holds no control over my heart!" Her words were sonnet of rebellion, and echoes through the castle.

Gaston, the patriarch, stood as a tragic figure, issuing ultimatums heavy with the weight of family honor. "Do as I say, or face banishment from this family!" The air was charged with the tension of abandonment and death.

Pandora's descent down the staircase, accompanied by the dramatic shattering of the Corvus Lestrange IV bust, was a poetic crescendo—an act symbolizing her shattering of familial expectations. Those shattered pieces narrated her story, piecing together the scarce happy memories and plucking out the pain of the unhappy ones.

In the poignant scene, Callum's proposal to employ magical coercion introduced a darker undertone. "Shall I obliviate her? Or, perhaps, subject her to a torturous sonnet?" His words, laced with despair, hinted at the possibility of desperate measures seeking conformity in the romantic ballad.

Gaston's stoic response, foretelling Pandora's destined suffering, wove a thread of fatalism into the romantic tapestry. "Let her tarnish our name. She will endure the consequences and suffer greatly for her defiance." It was a verse in the astronomic ballad, where family honor danced in rhythm with an inevitable fate.

Amidst the crescendo, Astra's comforting touch and wise counsel painted a serene interlude. "Darling," she spoke gently, "Pandora has composed her own melody. She is gone. Do not follow her." Her words refrained Capella from running after her sister, and begging for her to take her too.

Astra Lestrange, ensnared in the intricate web of her ill-fated choice, had indeed married into a family fraught with complexities. Despite her sisters' earnest warnings about the risks associated with such an alliance, love had initially blinded her to the shadows lurking within the Lestrange lineage.

The euphoria of her affection for Gaston, however, gradually waned, replaced by the somber realization of her misplaced devotion.

In stark contrast to Astra's tumultuous predicament, her sisters, Jupiter Max and Carina Astoncombe, reveled in the joy of unions with men of pure blood, untarnished by the messy intricacies that entangled the Lestrange family.