I say that every time after practice but every single time I show up the next day.

All I thought about the last few days was Maeve.

How nice it felt to snuggle with her against my body while I pretended to be asleep.

She looked horrified after she woke up but I don't really give a flying fuck.

It. Was. Amazing.

And we both fucking know it, no matter how much she tries to tell herself otherwise.

"Rhys! Why the fuck are you just lying there?"

Cam nudges me with his hockey stick from where he stands over me.

"Nooo. Leave me alone." I whine, pounding my feet like a toddler.

My words are muffled against the ice and my helmet, my nose numb as I lay face down on the ice, ignoring my team as they zoom by me.

"Aww. Did someone have their heartbroken? You poor baby." Cam coos.

I pout but he can't see it. "I did but I'm so glad you care-"

"Get the fuck off the ice, Beckett." Cam groans, completely ignoring my last comment.

I push up, scowling at him. "I thought you cared about me. Let me lay here on the ice if you do."

Cam slaps my leg with his stick. "I do care. That's why I'm tell you to get up."

I roll onto my back making a dramatic noise as I do, waving my arms in the air in front of Cam.

"Help me."

"You little fucker." But he grabs my hand and hoists me up anyway.

"I love you so much Cam."

"I love you too, Rhys." He sighs, grinning.

Mike skates up to us, grabbing his water bottle and spraying some water in between the cage on his helmet.

"Ew. If you guys are together, just tell us. No need to hide it anymore." Mike raises a sarcastic eyebrow.

I pretend to wipe my forehead. "Phew. I don't think I could keep my attraction for Cam under wraps anymore. We were just destined to be together."

I wrap a padded arm around Cams shoulder, leaning my head on his and to my surprise, he plays along and wraps his arms around me.

"It was just fate, ya' know? Couldn't keep my love for my little boy hidden anymore from the rest of the world."

Cam says, sighing like a love sick teenager and I gag, pushing away from him as Mike laughs at us.

"My little boy?" I spit at Cam.

He shrugs. "It had a nice ring to it."

Mikes about to say something before we hear Coach's whistle from the other side of the rink, us freezing on the spot like we just got caught in the act.

"Carter! It's Allie's coach!" He waves a phone in his hand, his whistle in the other.

I glance at Mike, who just shrugs and starts skating towards where Noah now speaks into the phone, his hand shaking as he runs a long hand down his face.

"I'll be right there." Noah mumbles, handing Coach the phone back before flying off towards our locker rooms, removing his gear so fast he could win Guinness records.

Noah's blinking rapidly by the time I get into the locker room, Mike and Cam right on my heels, following Noah around with our eyes as we watching him take off his pads and skates.

"Capt? Is Allie okay?" Mike asks, worry evident in his voice.

Noah shakes his head, his hands holding his head.

"No-uh. Allie-she was competing and I need to go to the hospital." His voice is shaky.

The three of us start removing our gear as well, Mike mumbling something about going to tell Coach we're driving him to the hospital ourselves.

Noah's still shaking by the time we haul all out asses in his truck and meeting Mikes worried gaze in the rear view mirror, I know we're all fucking scared.

We all know about Allies past. We also know how much she despises hospitals with her life so for her to be rushed to one without Noah there to help keep her calm is...frightening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Allie Wes. Where is she?" Noah spits in the nurses face, who seems locked in place.

I would too if someone that scary was yelling in my face.

"Room 216.."

Noah's already flying down the hall.

When we catch up to him, he's gently pushing the door open to her room.

It's dark and quiet, Allie laying on the bed in the middle looking extremely dazed and out of it, wires attached to her arms. Her eyes are closed, her breathing rough as if she has a cold.

There's a dark figure sitting in the corner of the room scrolling aimlessly and I immediately recognize the silky black hair.

I suck in a breathe. "Maeve? What are you doing here?"

I whisper, careful not to be too loud in case Allies asleep.

She shrugs. "I was working for the cafes concession at the competition. Saw the whole thing happen."

Noah drags the chair beside Maeve over to Allies side, taking her small hand with such softness and gentleness it amazes me.

He plants kisses all along her forehead and lips tenderly, brushing the small of her nose with his crooked finger.

I clear my throat, the room suddenly too small as I watch the couple.

Allie jolts awake, immediately finding Noah's eyes and scooting as close to him as she can on the small bed. He wraps an arm around her, stroking her shoulder as he murmurs something in her ear that has her nodding and closing her eyes again.

And I suddenly realize.

I'm jealous.

I'm jealous of their relationship. Of how much they love and care for each other, how Noah would drop anything for Allie in a heartbeat.

And I realize, I want that.

I want someone to find that amount of comfort in just my touch and smile. I want someone to come home to me at the end of the day so I can love and cherish them like Allie and Noah do with each other.

But that someone currently hates me so much she can't even look at me. Can't even stomach the thought of me.

But I'm not leaving. No matter how long it takes for her to trust me again. For her to step into my arms with no hesitation.

If it takes years, fine.

I'll be there by her side for all those years even if she doesn't know it. If she doesn't want it.

Because no matter what happens, no matter how much she pushes me away, she's mine.

And she will always be mine.