Chapter 1: The Chef & the Shaolin

Sorry for the slow updates.

I will add images when I've finished painting them.

🍑🐒👑🍑

On the outskirts of the lively city of Chang'an, nestled amidst picturesque Chinese landscapes;
a short and slightly chubby man is busy loading up his cart with many essentials needed for his trip.

The man looked rather handsome for someone of his stature.
He wore a forest green hanfu with a white trim, a red undershirt, a darker green cloak, brown pants with a black belt and black boots.
He also has brown eyes and his deep magenta hair is tied up in a low ponytail. And has a short goatee on his chin.
The cart had been packed up nicely.
He walks over to his chestnut pony mare named Cinnamon, and he pats her on the nose.

As he does this, he spots a taller man with brunette hair and has more...feminine-like features, approaching him.
He is wearing an ivory-colored hanfu with a gold trim, held with a striped orange and yellow belt. A blue undershirt and dark blue shoes.
He also wears round glasses, framing his blue eyes.

"Tang!" The shorter man greeted, "I was hoping you'd show up." He says, smiling charmingly.

Tang huffed in exhaustion, "Sorry if I'm late, Zhu. I needed to stop by Mrs Ya's place and pick up your going away gift." Tang replied, his cheeks turning pink.

Zhu smiled and raised a brow. "Oh, you got me a gift?" He asks with curiosity in his voice.
Tang nods and holds up a package wrapped in plain red paper.

Tang handed the gift over, which Zhu happily took.

Zhu gently tears off the wrapping, revealing a medium-sized red book with gold lettering. entitled 'Zhu Bajie's Recipe's'. Zhu gave a small smile.

"I know how you like to experiment with different ingredients, so I thought you could use a diary. Y'know, to record all your successful recipe's," Tang explains with a chuckle.

Zhu looks at Tang and gives him a warm smile before pulling him in for a hug, which was returned gladly by Tang.

They broke apart and Zhu said with a smile, "Thank you, Tang. I really appreciate this gift."

"You're welcome." Tang responded, his smile fading slightly. "I'm really gonna miss you," Tang said in a sad tone, not wanting to say goodbye yet.

Zhu sighed. "I'm gonna miss you too, babe," he said softly.

Both men embraced each other again, and Zhu put an arm around Tang's waist and gazed deeply into his fluorescent blue eyes.
Damn, he loves those eyes.

Tang gazed back at Zhu with equal emotion, unable to speak.

Suddenly, Zhu leant forward and pressed his lips to Tang's, sealing his lips with his own.

Tang immediately kissed him back hungrily, their tongues dancing together as they shared breaths.

It took them some time before they pulled apart, breathless.
Zhu's face was beet red and his eyes were still closed.

Tang felt his heart racing in his chest and tried hard to calm down.

It felt so good though, they don't usually get to express their feelings so freely.

Most people in China aren't very...open with same sex relationships.
And it was even worse for people who identified themselves as transgender.

Fortunately, some of the people in Chang'an didn't seem to mind Tang and Zhu's relationship.