Tʜᴇ Bᴏɴғɪʀᴇ

______________________________________

Jeremiah had helped Dakota bring his bags into his room. Dakota had no intentions of unpacking right now, so he went to go bother his sister. As he walked up to her doorway, his steps slowed.

He saw her looking at the cork board she has had on her desk full of different pictures from over the years.

He knocks on her door making her turn to him. She blinked rapidly as she looked at him.

"Yeah ?" She says softy

Dakota shrugs, "Nothing. Just checking on you." His brows furrow, "You okay ?"

"Yeah. I'm good." She nods as she walks over to her bag.

"You sure ?" He says as he sits on her bed

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be ?" She sighs

"Because I was standing there for awhile."

She turns to him, "Really ?"

Dakota hums in agreement with a small nod. "I didn't hear you."

"Of course you didn't. You were admiring your Conrad shrine." He deadpans

"I don't have a Conrad shrine." She scoffs as she continues digging through her bag.

"You have more pictures with him on there than you do me and I'm your brother." She huffs as she turns with an annoyed expression, "Not just your brother. Your twin brother." He exaggerates

Liz rolls her eyes, "I have pictures with everyone on there. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Whatever." He says as he stands up to leave her room. "Hopefully you finally admit your love for him."

Liz's eyes widen, "Shut up."

"What ? Am I wrong ?" He chuckles as he raises his hands, "Literally everyone knows it."

Dakota watches as she stands up and storms toward him. She turns him and pushes him out, "You're literally so annoying."

He turns back to her, "I know you are, but what am I ?"

"I know you are, but what am I ?" She mocks before she slams the door in his face. Dakota laughs as he walks off.

______________________________________

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket." Laurel threatens. Everyone sat at the dinner table with Belly, Laurel, and Liz sitting on one side. Dakota, Steven, and Jeremiah on the other and Susannah and Conrad on the ends.

"It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces." Susannah smiles, "Can dinner be a screen-free zone ? You know, like the olden days."

Steven was still looking down at his phone, so Jeremiah took the opportunity to snatch it out of his hands and toss it into the basket. Jeremiah and Dakota cheer as Steven starts complaining, "Okay, okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out."