\| CHAPTER TWO: A SMALL DIP |/

I wake up at about two in the afternoon, only two other people were in the cabin with me.

Lindsay, the barbie, and Beth the ugly. They were sitting in the corner together, giggling and looking at a piece of paper

"What are you idiots giggling at?" I grumble at them. They look up, and both had a different expression. Beth's face was slightly annoyed, and Lindsay's just looked hurt.

"We're trying to write to Mr. Mclean." Lindsay said softly, continuing to look at it.

"Why?" I got up and jumped off the bed, walking over to them.

"I want to go kayaking with Beth!" Lindsay giggled, hugging Beth tightly.

"Can't you just, you know, ask him?" I crossed my arms, frowning.

"Yeah, Lindsay... let's ask him!" Beth squealed, grabbing her hand and rushing out the door with Lindsay right on her out-of-style sneakers.

I slowly walk out of the cabin and walk towards the lake, watching the two of them run towards nervous Mclean.

I turn around and walk back into the cabin, when I came out I was in my grey swimsuit. I walk towards the dock, and I sit on the edge of it, and I close my eyes.

I wish brain would just work right-

"Hello." Said someone from behind me.

"Hi Bridgette." I say, clawing the wood with my fingernails unconsciously.

"Watcha doing?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

"I was going to to hop in the water." I reply, watching the water's waves ripple slowly over my feet.

She smiles at me, "I can swim with you if would like."

I look at her as if she was joking but she just gives me the confused look, "Sure."

Bridgette slowly dropped herself into the water, when she got in, she started to grin, "Come on in, it feels nice!"

I smile shyly back at her, and I slip in without any splash, "Yeah, it is nice."

She swam in front of me a little bit, and began to smile to herself.

We continued to swim for a little while, she swam in front of me most of the time, "What's your favorite color?"

"Maroon. You?"

"Ocean blue."

That made sense, she did have a surfboard.

"Favorite... animal?" She asked, beginning to slow down as they slowly got to the dock.

"Cats. Definitely cats." I reply, nodding to her.

"Sea turtles." She said, thoughtfully looking at the sky.

We reached the dock, and Bridgette hauled herself onto it. Holding out her hand help me up, she pulls me up with ease and smiles again.

"Well, I'm going to change-" I began to say, before Bridgette broke me off.

"You wanna sit on the beach after we change?" She asked.

"Sure." I respond, walking away, squeezing the water out of my hair.

I walked to my cabin and grabbed some clothes and walked over to the bathrooms, and walked into a stall. When I walked out of the stall I was wearing a dull-green cropped tank-top with black jean shorts and black doc-martins.

I begin to walk over to the beach, seeing a blonde ponytail.

"Hi Bridgette."  I say as she looks over her shoulder at me, smiling that warm smile.

"Hey Heather!" She says enthusiastically.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask, sitting next to her.

She sat there, presumably thinking, "I... I dunno. I just wanna hang out with you."

She flipped her hair and stretched her arms.

"So... do you like anyone here yet?" I ask cautiously.

She paused looking at me, "Yes, actually."

"Who?"

"I like this guy named Geoff." She giggled, stirring the sand with her finger.

"Oh?" I say, "Why do you like him? Is he nice?"

She nods and then looks up at me, "Yeah, he's nice. He's really cute too!"

The whole time she was talking I was wondering why she wasn't with him most of the time. Bridgette seems like the girl to go up to the guy and ask him. She keeps looking up at me, why though... eye contact?

"I'm sure he is." I reply to her after a couple second, though my eyes were still locked on hers.

"Do you like anyone here?" Shes asks me.

"No actually, everyone here is a bit not attractive." I say with boredom.

She looks at me weird and then nods, "I get it. Also, can I braid your hair? It's very pretty."

"Sure."

She began to braid my hair, dutch presumably. Her nails felt nice when she picked pieces and parts of my hair to braid.

"Your actually the only real friend I've had." I say out of nowhere, sighing a sigh.

"Why's that?" She asks, continuing with the braiding.

"I dunno." I reply, shifting in the sand.

I look up at the sky to see it's getting a bit dark and that we should go in for dinner.

"Once your done, we can go get some dinner." I say, feeling her strap a hair tie on my hair to keep it in place.

"Alright, let's go."

(Words 851)