Chapter 1 - abandoned

A/N THIS WHOLE STORY IS IN MATTS POV :)

'By the time you've read this I'll already be gone, don't try and look for me. You'll never find me.' I read the end of the letter.

No from Mello, no I love you Matt and no I'll come back for you. He's abandoned me, I wish L had never died, I wish Mello wasn't his successor and I wish he wasn't so fucking stubborn.

No doubt he was competing with Near once again. You would think I would mean more to him then some albino freak. No being 1st was always his goal, I guess he wants a head start. He'll never do it, Near will always be first.

Why would he do this after all he said?

{2 years previous}

"M-Matt I think I'm in love with you," chirped a 13 year old Mello. "I know I'm in love with you Mells." I replied my heart thumping against my rib cage, threatening to burst out.

"Really? Then will you be mine?" He said blue eyes glistening in the sunlight. We stood under the blossom tree in wammys garden. The wind blew in his hair and I knew then it was right.

I pulled him in and kissed him for the first time, I remember wishing it wouldn't be the last.

{1 year after Mello has left}

I groaned as Jax opened the blinds. Jax was my new roommate I hated him. He threw several text books at me screaming to wake up. Finally I'd had enough "WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT!!" I screamed. Jax looked at me in distaste "get up you stupid fuck!" He yelled. He was the new number 1 since Near had left. I was now number 2 which apparently gave Jax room to call me stupid.

I pulled the blanket back over my head and pulled out my DS. Mario kart always calmed me down. It was the only thing I was good at gaming, smoking and losing the best person I'd ever met.

"Matt you have a letter!" Jax shouted in his nauseating voice. "From?" I asked, who would send me a letter? "Anonymous writer." He replied more calm now. Who could this anonymous writer be?